Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lisa Stansfield

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Has got an horrible speaking voice.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Unfortunately for Stanfield she has only ever had one song.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I must say that when I heard her new single on the radio earlier this week I thought that it was Lulu singing until they said it was Lisa Stansfield's new single.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Unfortunately for Stanfield she has only ever had one song.

I know:

All Around The World
This Is The Right Time
Someday (I'm Coming Back)
In All The Right Places

and
These Are The Days of Our Lives (with Queen - Freddie Tribute)

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I know:

All Around The World
This Is The Right Time
In All The Right Places

and
Didn't she do "All Woman" too?

Bloody 1 hit wonder!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
'People Hold On' was by her too. Anthem for kinder times.

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I know:

All Around The World
This Is The Right Time
In All The Right Places

and

Ha! You cane name 5 songs from a 34 year career. She's hardly a prolific artist. Good singing voice though. She should have had a proper crack at the singing game.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
'Been around the world 'is a pretty hard tune to follow up though....must have made a shedload from it...from all around the world..

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ha! You cane name 5 songs from a 34 year career. She's hardly a prolific artist. Good singing voice though. She should have had a proper crack at the singing game.

For every singer who is as successful as her, there are thousands who aren't. Bit like acting :angel:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
For every singer who is as successful as her, there are thousands who aren't. Bit like acting :angel:

Similar careers indeed although, done right there's probably more longevity for women in the singing game, as Lisa proves.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Yes but in those 34 years she's been all around the world, in all the right places, and she always said sometime I'm coming back, and I really think this is the right time. She certainly is all woman!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
There's a funny but very disturbing urban myth about her. Definitely not suitable for work. Google "Lisa Stansfield frozen poo" if you're curious.

Back on topic - another urban myth is that she's related to Gracie Fields, the wartime 'sweetheart'. I put that in inverted commas because anyone who's read Spike Milligan's war diaries knows that unbeknownst to her and the powers that be, the squaddies couldn't stand her or her singing. So perhaps the connection to Lisa is well-deserved.

Nibble's spot on, she was a so-so singer with a few okay tracks but there was so much better talent then and now. I always preferred Dina Carroll anyway. Wonder whatever happened to her.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here