Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Class signings

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Never heard of the 2nd one

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
6'6" donkey of a centre half who played for Lewes. Our Bazz, through his connections in the county league gave him a trial and played him against Bristol Rovers on Boxing day. He didn't have a clue, neither did Horsefield as we lost 1-0 in the rain

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That's right, Barry Lloyd who didn't have a clue but got us a promotion from the third tier and got us to a play-off final working with his hands tied behind his back! You can pick two players out of many, Tiltman for example, but you ignore the fact he signed Nelson, Small, Byrne, Codner, Bissett, Walker to name but a few. Every manager has his good and bad signings.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wasn't it Grant Horscroft?

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
Not necessarily picking on Barry Lloyd, and yes he almost took us to the Premier League in its inaugural season. Then had to sell the players who took us do close, Johnny Byrne voted player of the season whilst playing for Sunderland.
We could mention Oscar: Kemy Augustine, Poyet and that fat bloke Painter. That is the intention of this thread, players who were signed by different managers, or try Mike Bailey: Micky Thomas.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Lloyd dropped a few clangers (Tiltman, Farrington) but also picked up some players who turned out to be fantastic for us.

He signed Nelson & Bremner who formed a great partnership to get us promoted. Small & Byrne too. All on the cheap.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
Who was the player Lloyd signed from a Dutch side, but evrntuslly could not play him because "Our Board" would have had to shell out extra for appearances?

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Not necessarily picking on Barry Lloyd, and yes he almost took us to the Premier League in its inaugural season.

We made the play off final in 90/91 the first premier league season was 92/93 so ,no, he didn't. incidentally Notts Co along with Luton were relegated from the 1st div in 91/92 are the only two , at the time, top flight clubs who voted for the formation of the premier league but have never played in it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who was the player Lloyd signed from a Dutch side, but evrntuslly could not play him because "Our Board" would have had to shell out extra for appearances?

Mark Farrington

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Not necessarily picking on Barry Lloyd, and yes he almost took us to the Premier League in its inaugural season. Then had to sell the players who took us do close, Johnny Byrne voted player of the season whilst playing for Sunderland.
We could mention Oscar: Kemy Augustine, Poyet and that fat bloke Painter. That is the intention of this thread, players who were signed by different managers, or try Mike Bailey: Micky Thomas.

Of all the duds you choose Painter? He was great for us in L1. Found out a bit in the Championship but was crucial to us in our promotion season. The obvious ones would be Harley/Dobbie if you want to use one for Poyet.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
That's right, Barry Lloyd who didn't have a clue but got us a promotion from the third tier and got us to a play-off final working with his hands tied behind his back! You can pick two players out of many, Tiltman for example, but you ignore the fact he signed Nelson, Small, Byrne, Codner, Bissett, Walker to name but a few. Every manager has his good and bad signings.

Was my manager at Worthing a great bloke the best people manager I've met in football. Plus don't forget he got Gotsmanov and Iovan as well

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Was my manager at Worthing a great bloke the best people manager I've met in football. Plus don't forget he got Gotsmanov and Iovan as well

I don't think Garry Nelson would concur.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
He signed Kurt Nogan i believe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here