Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Replica Noah's Ark

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Were there Plankton on the Ark or Amoeba ?
If so where did they stay ? on the poop deck or did Noah have large aquatic creature facilities ???
Tits to religion !!!
If there was really a God then he wouldn't let children get killed by ****ing perverts like Robert Black or Roy Whiting .

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Let's all laugh at the Christians and their ridiculous beliefs and silly books and festivals! Wouldn't catch any atheists on here celebrating Christmas or Easter, oh no. Bet none of you got married in a church or even attended a religious wedding ceremony. Of course not, that would be rank hypocrisy and secular atheists would then lose the moral high ground that they love to place themselves. Imagine not being able to mock someone's beliefs even if it doesn't affect your life in the slightest. Life wouldn't be worth living if atheists couldn't do that.

Ha, ha - silly religious people. What are they like, eh?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Let's all laugh at the Christians and their ridiculous beliefs and silly books and festivals! Wouldn't catch any atheists on here celebrating Christmas or Easter, oh no. Bet none of you got married in a church or even attended a religious wedding ceremony. Of course not, that would be rank hypocrisy and secular atheists would then lose the moral high ground. Imagine not being able to mock someone's beliefs even if it doesn't affect your life in the slightest. Life wouldn't be worth living if atheists couldn't do that.

Here here

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Let's all laugh at the Christians and their ridiculous beliefs and silly books and festivals! Wouldn't catch any atheists on here celebrating Christmas or Easter, oh no. Bet none of you got married in a church or even attended a religious wedding ceremony. Of course not, that would be rank hypocrisy and secular atheists would then lose the moral high ground that they love to place themselves. Imagine not being able to mock someone's beliefs even if it doesn't affect your life in the slightest. Life wouldn't be worth living if atheists couldn't do that.

View attachment 51708

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I think you'll find the answer in the big blue wobbly thing the Arc was supposedly floating on:)

I'm more interested in the larger animals that the people who wrote the Bible didn't know about - like the Kangaroo and Sloth. Though, reading through this thread Phat Baz 68 has almost turned me - an atheist - into a believer. You're not working for Billy Graham are you, Baz?

MCW

Jan 5, 2012
No such thing ever existed like God utter guff !!!
Religion the root of ALL evil over the world. from
More pointless deaths since religion was recognised over the world than anything else I would imagine.
There is NO God , NO Adam & Eve ,NO Noah's bloody Ark, NO water in to wine, No talking snake, SHITE SHITE SHITE ........
OH AND DID I FORGET SHITE !!!!!!!!!!

Or if you do believe in God,from the great play "God on Trial" evidence on a merciful benevolent creator from Witness Rabbi Akiva

- Posted 07 February, 2013 11:44
Here is a link to a television play called The Trial. Based on the possibly apocryphal events from Elie Wiesel's book The Trial of God. Set in Auschwitz during World War II Jewish prisoners put God on trial .

Rabbi Akiba: Who led us out of Egypt?

Judge: God led us out of Egypt.

Rabbi: I have a question; Why were we in Egypt to start with?

Judge: There was a famine, so we took shelter.

Rabbi: Who sent the famine?

Judge: Well, we don't know much about the famine...

Rabbi: God sent the famine. So God sent us to Egypt and God took us out of Egypt.

Judge: And later He sent us out of Babylon in order that we might...

Rabbi: And when He brought us out of Egypt, how did He do it? By words, vision, miracle?

Judge: Moses asked Pharaoh...

Rabbi: And when Pharaoh said no?

Inmate: The plagues.

Rabbi: First Moses turned the Egyptians' water to blood (Exodus 7: 17-21). Then God sent the plague of frogs (Exodus 8: 1-7); next a plague of mosquitoes (Exodus 8: 16-18); then a plague of flies (Exodus 8: 21-24). Then he slew their livestock (Exodus 9: 1-6). Next a plague of boils (Exodus 9: 9-11). Next came the hail (Exodus 9: 18-25), which battered down the crops and even the trees and structures everywhere, except in Goshen where the Israelites lived.

Judge: But still Pharaoh did not agree.

Rabbi: And so a plague of locusts (Exodus 10: 12-15). And then the days of darkness (Exodus 10: 21-23). And finally what?

Judge: God slew the firstborn of Egypt and led us out of Egypt.

Rabbi: He struck down the firstborn: from the firstborn and heir of Pharaoh to the firstborn of the slave at the mill. He slew them all (Exodus 12: 29-30). Did He slay Pharaoh?

Judge: No, I don't think so. It was later.

Rabbi: It was Pharaoh that said no, but God let him live. And slew his children instead. All the children. And then the people made their escape taking with them the gold and silver and jewelry and garments of the Egyptians (Exodus 12: 35). And then God drowned the soldiers who pursued them (Exodus 14:26-28). He did not close the waters up so that the soldier could not follow. He waited until they were following and then He closed the waters. And then what?

Judge: And then the desert and ultimately the Promised Land.

Rabbi: No. The Promised Land was empty and a new place, uncultivated.

Judge: No. There were...

Rabbi: When the Lord thy God shall bring you into the Promised Land you shall cast out many nations before you, nations much greater and mightier than you are. You shall smite them and utterly destroy them. Make no covenant with them and show no mercy to them (Deuteronomy 7: 2).

Inmate: It shows us His favour. We are His people.

Rabbi: And he gave us a king in Saul. Now when the people of Amalek fought Saul's people, what did the Lord God command? I'll ask the scholar.

Scholar: Crush Amalek and put him under the curse of destruction.

Rabbi: Was Saul to show any mercy to spare anyone?

Scholar: Do not spare...

Rabbi: Do not spare him, but kill. Kill man, woman, babe and suckling, ox and sheep, cattle and donkey (1 Samuel 15: 3). So Saul set out to do this and on the way he met some Kenites (1 Samuel 15: 6). Now these were not Amalek's people, he had no quarrel with them. He urged them to flee. And the Lord our God, was He pleased by the mercy of Saul: by the justice of Saul?

Scholar: No. No he wasn't.

Rabbi: And when Saul decided not to slaughter all the livestock and to take it to feed his people (1 Samuel 15: 9-26), was God pleased with his prudence, his charity?

Scholar: No.

Rabbi: No, He was not. He said, you have rejected the word of Adonai, therefore He has rejected you as king (1 Samuel 15: 23). And then to please the Lord our God, Samuel brought forth the king Agar and hacked him to pieces before the Lord at Gilgar (1 Samuel 15: 32-33). After Saul, there came David who took Bathsheba, the wife of Uriah the Hittite, to himself (2 Samuel 11: 2-4). After arranging to have Uriah killed (2 Samuel 11: 14-15) against the wishes of God, did God strike David for this?

Scholar: In a manner of speaking...

Rabbi: Did He strike Bathsheba?

Scholar: In the sense that when they had...

Rabbi: Adonai said, since you have sinned against me, the child will die (2 Samuel 12: 13-14). [Turning to the judge] You asked earlier, who would punish a child? God does! Now did the child die suddenly, mercifully, without pain?

Scholar: In a-

Rabbi: Seven days! Seven days that child spent dying in pain while David wrapped himself in sack and ashes and fasted and sought to show his sorrow to God (2 Samuel 12: 15-18). Did God listen?

Scholar: The child died.

Rabbi: Did that child find that God was just? Did the Amalekites think that Adonai was just? Did the mothers of Egypt -- the mothers -- did they think that Adonai was just?

Scholar: But Adonai is our God, surely...

Rabbi: Oh, what? Did God not make the Egyptians? Did He not make their rivers and make their crops grow? If not Him, then who? What? Some other God? But what did He make them for? To punish them? To starve, to frighten, to slaughter them? The people of Amalek, the people of Egypt, what was it like for them when Adonai turned against them? It was like this. Today there was a selection, yes? When David defeated the Moabites, what did he do?

Judge: He made them lie on the ground in lines and he chose one to live and two to die (2 Samuel 8: 2).

Rabbi: We have become the Moabites. We are learning how it was for the Amalekites. They faced extinction at the hand of Adonai. They died for His purpose. They fell as we are falling. They were afraid as we are afraid. And what did they learn? They learned that Adonai, the Lord our God, our God, is not good. He is not good. He was not ever good. He was only on our side. God is not good. At the beginning when He repented that He had made human beings and flooded the earth (Genesis 6: 6) - why? What had they done to deserve annihilation? What could they have done to deserve such wholesale slaughter? What could they have done that was so bad? God is not good. When He asked Abraham to sacrifice his son (Genesis 22: 1-2), Abraham should have said no. We should have taught our God the justice that was in our hearts. We should have stood up to Him. He is not good. He has simply been strong. He has simply been on our side. When we were brought here, we were brought by train. A guard slapped my face. On their belts they had written "Got mit uns" -- God is with us. Who is to say that He is not? Perhaps He is. Is there any other explanation? What we see here: His power, His majesty, His might, all these things that turned against us. He is still God, but not our God. He has become our enemy.
That is what's happened to our covenant. He has made a new covenant with someone else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_on_Trial

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
This statement is so wrong it's almost offensive

Oh sorry I will change that then to Religion has never caused any problems anywhere in the world and never will.
Some of the nastiest ,most arrogant, and non forgiving people I have ever had the displeasure to meet have called themselves Christians.
Religion is twaddle complete twaddle, my view my opinion I'm sure there are many people that agree with me and many who don't . But it is my opinion I'm entitled to it as are they.
Try the Westboro Baptist Church as one of the nastiest ever.
Or are they ok in your book ?? Lovely group of "Christians" ha ha ha

Oct 25, 2003
Oh sorry I will change that then to Religion has never caused any problems anywhere in the world and never will.
Some of the nastiest ,most arrogant, and non forgiving people I have ever had the displeasure to meet have called themselves Christians.
Religion is twaddle complete twaddle, my view my opinion I'm sure there are many people that agree with me and many who don't . But it is my opinion I'm entitled to it as are they.
Try the Westboro Baptist Church as one of the nastiest ever.
Or are they ok in your book ?? Lovely group of "Christians" ha ha ha

You claimed that religion is the root of ALL evil in the world. Not as an opinion but as fact.

Thats clearly false.

Funnily enough there is a middle ground between the extremes of your "argument".

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here