Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Replica Noah's Ark

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
From The Independent website this morning...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/christian-group-behind-controversial-creationist-museum-to-build-800acre-theme-park-with-replica-noahs-ark-9161267.html

If this really is going to feature the largest timber structure in the States then I assume that they will be scripturally correct and have it built by eight people? In which case it could be a while before it opens.

Ah, but Answers in Genesis has this covered. It points out that while the Bible states that there were eight people on the ark no mention is made of how many built it. So presumably Noah had an army of labourers who were happy enough to build it and then drown.

I would say you couldn't make it up except somebody clearly did.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There's already at least one religious theme park in the US: the Holyland Experience in Orlando.

Not sure it's quite up there with Walt Disney World in terms of popularity, but apparently the water they serve with meals is sensational.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The real test will be if it can float, but it will never see water.

Twice the size of HMS Victory which took six years to build with an extensive skilled workforce of about 250 men.

The Victory used 5000 carefully selected mature oak trees that had to be stored and seasoned for some 14 years before construction. The problem I see here with the Ark is that I'm not sure that there are any forests in the Middle East.

When Noah asked God what he should he build the boat from, God recommended "go for wood"

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Imagine the reaction if someone proposed building something like that in the UK :lolol:

Both in terms of the scale (who'd want that in their back garden) and in terms of the in-your-face religious message.

Would never get past the planners.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
God got the animals to help Steve!

images

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Get them all aboard, then set the dinosaurs on them!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I think there is a slight flaw in the design and materials used.

supposedly exactly the same proportions
I know its a long way down from the lights there

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Noah's Ark is by far my favourite Bible story. My favourite part being right at the start, when the loving god doesn't really approve of what's going on down on earth, so decides that mass murder on a truly biblical scale (boom-tshhhh) is the answer.

And it all makes perfect sense from then onwards! Hooray!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Old Testament God seems a bit of violent psychopath.

I love the bit at the end of the article about the upcoming film ..Noah..
They have apologised for any artistic license...haha....brilliant..

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The "theme park ride through the 10 plagues of Egypt" sounds like a bundle of laughs.

Probably not a ride to take your first born son on, if my limited Sunday school recollections of the Old Testament are anything to go by.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
No such thing ever existed like God utter guff !!!
Religion the root of ALL evil over the world.
More pointless deaths since religion was recognised over the world than anything else I would imagine.
There is NO God , NO Adam & Eve ,NO Noah's bloody Ark, NO water in to wine, No talking snake, SHITE SHITE SHITE ........
OH AND DID I FORGET SHITE !!!!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here