Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall trains

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
With major disruption between Brighton & three bridges tomorrow does anybody have any bright ideas how to get round them?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
With major disruption between Brighton & three bridges tomorrow does anybody have any bright ideas how to get round them?

Drive to Uckfield or Three Bridges otherwise feel the pain

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Me & my bro have managed to blag a lift to three bridges from mum but just wondered if there were any other possibilities

Not really if there are no trains between Brighton and Three Bridges it basically means were are all stuffed on the South Coast.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
So a train pulling into three bridges at 6.30 sat night with 500 fans on board will have to squeeze on to how many buses

Enough buses will be available......apparently. Additionals have been ordered, though i doubt lots of fans will ALL travel back at the same time.

Few hundred by coaches, few hundred own transport, few hundred from other places and few hundred avoiding the buses.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
So a train pulling into three bridges at 6.30 sat night with 500 fans on board will have to squeeze on to how many buses

If the average bus holds about 60, give or take a few and there are 500 people waiting at Three Bridges, you do the math............

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Enough buses will be available......apparently. Additionals have been ordered, though i doubt lots of fans will ALL travel back at the same time.

Few hundred by coaches, few hundred own transport, few hundred from other places and few hundred avoiding the buses.

I have been to millwall many times & to my knowledge train is the preferred method of transport mainly because the station takes you right into the away end.

Also there are many pubs to drink in around London bridge (especially the market porter close to borough market)

On a disruption free day we are back in Brighton before 7pm.

From my point of view it is also cheaper by train £15 rather than the petrol & parking costs incurred by driving

Russ

Rust Man
May 4, 2013
What are your thoughts on booking the coaches that you can get via the BHA website. Never tried this method before. No hassle with trains, and seems pretty cheap.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
What are your thoughts on booking the coaches that you can get via the BHA website. Never tried this method before. No hassle with trains, and seems pretty cheap.

Not sure what you mean.

If you mean go by coach using seagull travel that is fair enough but no good if you want to have a few beers

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Whats this talk of being able to go via littlehampton from brighton?

There are direct trains from Brighton to Victoria on the hour and half-hour via Littlehampton.

To get to London Bridge change at East Croydon.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I'm about to catch National Express coach from Preston Park to Gatwick (fast, comfortable), then train to London Bridge. Sorted

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Alternatively you can drive/get to to Horsham and get the London Bridge train.

Yes, and get off at New Cross Gate, one stop before London Bridge, then short walk to ground. Coming out though the police will probably frogmarch you to South Bermondsey, an even closer station to the the New Den. Problem is it is on a different line, and you will need to change at London Bridge to get a Horsham train.

All probably a bit late as guessing you will be on your way by now.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm on a replacement bus. I'm sat on the floor. It's going 20mph due to a technical fault and he's got lost and gone through handcross village.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here