Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christian Walton

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Just been called into England U19 squad.

Should he be No2 to Kuszczak given the short comings of Brezovan and Ankergren?

Having seen him in the DS side a few times I don't think he could be any worse than those two.

D

Deleted member 22389

Just been called into England U19 squad.

Should he be No2 to Kuszczak given the short comings of Brezovan and Ankergren?

Having seen him in the DS side a few times I don't think he could be any worse than those two.

The game against palace for the Dev squad, I thought he was brilliant. Think he should be given a go.
We have got some brilliant young players here. Cut above League One.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Good stuff. No point rushing him into the squad yet as he is still very young for a keeper. Possibly ease him in if we have a few dead rubber games at the end of the season, but I imagine next year will be when we start seeing his name in the squad.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I watched the development game against Palace and thought he was outstanding, he seems a great prospect and it is very encouraging to see so many young players pushing for the first team time, even it be on the bench. Things are looking great for the future and all this with the training ground and academy round the corner (well along the A27).

The futures bright the futures Blue & White........

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
It could be good to send him on loan somewhere for a month to get the 'feel' of first team action somewhere? However, the development staff at Brighton may prefer to keep him under their wings. Also, if he's just going to be cover for a club that has an injury crisis and spend his time on the bench, that would be pointless.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Things are looking great for the future and all this with the training ground and academy round the corner (well along the A27).

The futures bright the futures Blue & White........
This. There are a number of attention seeking idiots posting negative crap on NSC at the moment (along with an equal number of wind up merchants...).

The reality is that OUR CLUB has never been in such a good position in its 113 year history (the 4 years in the top flight were great but I wouldn't swap our structure and opportunity now for what we had then that turned out to be so flawed...).

Getting promoted is very difficult, and financially complicated, but we are now so well placed to enjoy repeated campaigns in the top half of the Championship (until one year when we will make the breakthrough). And all the time we will be playing a stylish brand of football in front of big crowds at one of the best new stadiums in the land.

In the words of Tony Bloom, "Just enjoy it".

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Generally all three keepers are around on match days during the warm up, I guess to cover for injuries. Not sure if he'll become number 2, I think we'll still need a more experienced back up keeper, but can see him being a lot more involved on match days.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just makes the decision to play Brezovan in the cup games even more stupid. What was the point, Brez is clearly not our future.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Albion goalkeeping prospect Christian Walton has been named in the England under 19's squad for a friendly against Turkey at Chester on Wednesday.

Walton has earned his first call-up after taking part in an FA training camp in Surrey last month for some of the country's most promising keepers.

His rival for the No. 1 spot is Mitchell Beeney, son of former Albion keeper Mark.

The squad also includes Southampton's Worthing-born midfielder Harrison Reed.

Interesting - Beeney jnr.

Don't care much for the last sentence. Hopefully Lancing will prevent us from reading many things like that in the future.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Just makes the decision to play Brezovan in the cup games even more stupid. What was the point, Brez is clearly not our future.

So we should have used a 5th round cup replay to try out people for the future?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Seeing as Brez and Casper will definitely be leaving (and probably PIG) then he has an EXCELLENT chance of claiming that number 2 spot next season.

Always worth remembering with keepers that they are a different breed. Whereas a 22 year old midfielder should be pretty much there in terms of development, keepers at the same age are still regarded as babies.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Burke definately appears to have an eye for a talented youngster.

Picking up talented youngsters is going to be a very important part of our future and it's good to have decent people at the club capable of doing this, I'm hoping Walton can make the breakthrough into our top 3 keepers next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here