Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Cup Stickers

beakyburn

Aug 15, 2012
So 4 school friends come out of the shop with their first stickers ready to place in their World cup album. The first smiles and says I have Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Ozil, and Neuer from Germany all class. Second one smiles and says, I have Iniesta, Casillas, Alonso and Fabregas from Spain all class. 3rd boy. Messi , Aguero, Higuain and Tevez from Argentina wow. The 4th boy sat on the kerb with a long face. Come on said the others which world class players did you get. Smalling, Cleverley, Young and Jones he said. Anybody ready to swap?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You use to get a random selection of countries in a pack does each pack only contain one country now, must be much harder to get a complete set

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Are these the Panini ones? I think you're lying because having diligently checked the Panini set, the sticker set isn't released yet. Maybe the OP is confusing this with the Adrenalyn XL "Trading Card" game from Panini. This set won't, however, "stick in the book" as they aren't stickers.

Last edited:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I've got a spare Mick Mills if anyone needs to complete their Espana 82 book.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
I've got a complete Mexico 86 album somewhere in the loft; it's the only Panini album I've ever completed.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Is the OP the boy who got the England heroes in his pack?

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
And these days, I would imagine you get more then 4 in a pack? (Anyone know when it will be released, can't wait...)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
"To celebrate the lead up to the FIFA World Cup™ in Brazil, Panini are launching an awesome new trading card game; 'Road to 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ Adrenalyn XL™ "

Not sure....

This is a very worrying development.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm still looking for a few to complete my Merlin Premier League 1996 album. Anyone got the Nottingham Forest badge?

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I'm still looking for a few to complete my Merlin Premier League 1996 album. Anyone got the Nottingham Forest badge?

Somewhere in the loft I've got a set of 1970 and 1974 Esso/Shell coins mounted on the card presenter. I was lucky enough to get three of the Geoff Hurst coins which was like gold dust. I trade one for a big bag containing 3 action men and tons of gear and the other for a home made soap box. Christ did I get in trouble with my mum when the other kids parents came knocking on our door to complain !!!!!!!!!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The Mirror normally gives away a free pack and album to stick them in. Not that I ever by it.

Somewhere in the loft I've got a set of 1970 and 1974 Esso/Shell coins mounted on the card presenter. I was lucky enough to get three of the Geoff Hurst coins which was like gold dust. I trade one for a big bag containing 3 action men and tons of gear and the other for a home made soap box. Christ did I get in trouble with my mum when the other kids parents came knocking on our door to complain !!!!!!!!!

Gosh that has made me come over all nostalgic! Esso did the footie coins, shell did "Man In Flight" and "The History of Motoring" I think. Later they did FA Cup Winner medalliions to collect and football club badges which were a sort of coloured tinfoil material. Looking on eBay I see that a complete set of the 1970 World Cup Cup coins, in the official holder, may be purchased as "buy it now" for £20 so sadly for A mex eyecan I don't think early retirement beckons!

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Gosh that has made me come over all nostalgic! Esso did the footie coins, shell did "Man In Flight" and "The History of Motoring" I think. Later they did FA Cup Winner medalliions to collect and football club badges which were a sort of coloured tinfoil material. Looking on eBay I see that a complete set of the 1970 World Cup Cup coins, in the official holder, may be purchased as "buy it now" for £20 so sadly for A mex eyecan I don't think early retirement beckons!

Darn it!
Anyhow that makes my swap's even greater than I thought. Guess they were the first trades that led me to my capitalist state of mind!

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012

Oh my daaaaays. That's the only one I managed to complete! What memories. I had so many swapsies I was a 10 year old playground don.

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
FYI - there is a sticker album coming out. The license is owned by "Topps" now (who make Match Attax cards) - the collection is usually quite good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here