Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vincent Tan is a nutjob.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Cardiff fans owe him an apology? Imagine if Tony Bloom carried on like that.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
A link would be helpful. Not very good at reading peoples minds.

Stumpy Tim

I do wonder how much of what happened with McKay we don't know. For example, McKay obviously knew that the over-spending of the transfer budget was a touchy subject, so to come out with "I'm going to buy three new players in January" could well have been a calculating move by him... he could well have seen Cardiff's slide and wasn't sure if he could turn it round, so he decided to annoy the owner, get fired (with a good severance), and have his reputation in tact.

We don't know the full story that's for sure

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I think his problem is he doesn't respect the fans. He sees what he has done, then expect the fans to show nothing but gratitude whilst ignoring what is important to them.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Wont be making friends with comments like that. As for saying 'I bought Cardiff, I am not sure why?' that says it all.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I do wonder how much of what happened with McKay we don't know. For example, McKay obviously knew that the over-spending of the transfer budget was a touchy subject, so to come out with "I'm going to buy three new players in January" could well have been a calculating move by him... he could well have seen Cardiff's slide and wasn't sure if he could turn it round, so he decided to annoy the owner, get fired (with a good severance), and have his reputation in tact.

But he never said that. He said he would like to, but it depended on whether there was money available or not. That was what struck me as odd about Tan's reaction at the time, it felt like someone had told him that something was said that wasn't or that he misunderstood what was said.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

Living so close to Cardiff, we have lived this guy for a long time, much hatred towards him etc, when I first read your comment above I sort of dismissed and scoffed at it, but then I watched this interview Cardiff owner Vincent Tan on Malky Mackay, transfers and racism [video] and I have to say, not only do I owe you an apology for my original thoughts, I am starting to think that you may well have a very valid point :thumbsup:

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I think the messages are there if you pick them out (very rough quotes):

"I'll leave if the fans piss me off"
"If someone wants to buy me out they can change the club"
"I've spent a lot of money"
"The UK is cold"
"The press are unfair"

Looks like he's ready to go.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
I think he has a point tbh. McKay and his team do seem to have wasted an awful lot if money.

I like the fact that Ian Moody was sacked for allegedly wildly over spending on the transfer budget.
Then was quickly snapped up by Crystal Palace, seems to suit them them down to the ground that.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I hope they go down. Not because I have any feelings of animosity towards Cardiff but then maybe this loon will go home and they can change their colours back to blue and continue as a proper football club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here