Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can anyone give me a good reason why we shouldn't sign this?- Katy Perry-Blasphemy

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I won't be because I think many religious people need to become a bit less sensitive about things like this. Besides, the person that started the petition must be a little bit simple, all he's really managed to do it provide Katy Perry with loads of free publicity and probably considerably more hits on You Tube.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Load of self publicising rubbish. Fuss and nonsense. The world would be a better place if the existence of a whole host of Gods was proved to be total fiction.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Load of self publicising rubbish. Fuss and nonsense. The world would be a better place if the existence of a whole host of Gods was proved to be total fiction.

Religion is obviously complete bollox, but if we didn't have it, we'd find another thing to fight and argue about.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can anyone give me a good reason why we shouldn't sign this?- Katy Perry-Blasphemy
I can't think of a reason why we should sign it. Seems that there's a character in the video, that's happy to destroy things to get what she wants. And I don't see her burn a pendant, I see her turn a man (and all that's on him) into dust.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
One good reason - blasphemy is a pointless concept because there are no gods.

Thery are all powerful and wise, those gods, They are infinite and omnipotent, gentle and caring . They treat each an everyone of us as their children, their flock. We are enveloped by their eternal love.

But don't say their name at the wrong time or they get awfully snitty.

Last edited:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
What on earth was Mr Iqbal doing watching a Katy Perry video?!
Nonetheless, if it's offensive to those of such faith then it shouldn't be too hard to blur the offending image.

The only winner here is youtube, which will see millions of hits in response to the various news articles.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Stone him!

Stop. Stop. Will you stop that? Stop it! Now, look. No one is to stone anyone until I blow this whistle. Do you understand? Even... And I want to make this absolutely clear... Even if they do say "Jehovah".

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
What on earth was Mr Iqbal doing watching a Katy Perry video?!

Probably doing what the rest of us do watching a Katy Perry video,that is to say trying to work out the inventive and ingenious way she has this time managed to keep her upper clackers unexposed yet at the same time showing more cleavage than was previously thought scientifically possible.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I wish people would stop getting so easily offended and that includes the people offended by the man who's getting offended.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I wish people would stop getting so easily offended and that includes the people offended by the man who's getting offended.

I'm offended, and so is my wife...

* wonders what he is offended by, but is pretty sure it MUST be bad if there is this much chat about it on the internet *

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here