[Official Site] Women: Albion v Keynsham

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
barton-21jan14-ld229-1307926_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
23:01 27th February 2014
by James Hilsum
I feel it will be a harder game on Sunday and my main hope is that we’ll be stronger defensively."
John Donoghue
Albion women host Keynsham this Sunday at Withdean, 2pm kick-off.

John Donoghue’s side won the reverse fixture 6-3 in Somerset but the Albion head coach is expecting a tougher test this time round.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I feel it will be a harder game on Sunday and my main hope is that we’ll be stronger defensively.
“We scored plenty of goals in the last match, but still ended up conceding three, which was disappointing.
“Keynsham struggled earlier on in the season but their form has improved since then and we are well aware of the threat they pose.”
The Seagulls are about to go through a congested first half of March with Coventry set to visit Withdean on the 9th, before the Sussex Challenge Cup final against Chichester the following Thursday.
Albion will then travel to the Ricoh Arena to face Coventry again in the FA Cup fourth round on March 16th, but Donoghue is refusing to look too far ahead and admits his focus is only on the next two home games.
He added, “Our main priorities are the Keynsham game and the match against Coventry on 9th. That game will give us a good idea of what we can expect in the FA Cup tie a week later.
“The squad is looking as strong as it’s ever been going into this period and we’ll look after any players who have picked up any sort of niggle.”
Cally Beaumont has been ruled out for Sunday with an ankle injury, while Charley Boswell is unavailable.
There is free entry for all season-ticket holders and children under-16, while admission for non-season ticket holders is £2.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here