Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Hoskins

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just a quick heads-up. I ran into him earlier this evening and managed to have a quick natter with him.

I'm sure much of this people already know, but...

He said he's fit again, raring to go. In fact, if anything, he said, he feels fitter than before. He originally did his cruciate, and was due to be out for a while, then the op wasn't as good as hoped, and was told '15 months' before he'd play again. Reading his Tweets at the time, that really floored him. However, he paid particular tribute to Paul Watson and Matt Miller who have physio'd (is that a proper verb?) him back to fitness a few months ahead of what his original diagnosis suggested. He can't thank them enough, he said.

He's training with the first-team again, and he's due to play an hour with the development squad in the next few days (he played 30 mins the other day - and scored). He feels really positive and is hoping for a return as soon as feels ready. He doesn't know when that will be but when I pushed him a bit on it, he hinted at getting back before the end of March, if not sooner.

Yes, I did ask him on to the Roar. Yes, he'd love to, but no, he doesn't have time.

Nice bloke.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sounds good. Just need to try and catch up with 6th place so not to lose touch.

Shame he "doesn't have time"
to do the show though! Suspect the club wouldn't want current players on there really, especially with GP situation

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Sounds good. Just need to try and catch up with 6th place so not to lose touch.

Shame he "doesn't have time"
to do the show though! Suspect the club wouldn't want current players on there really, especially with GP situation

The main reason we don't have current players on is because on Fridays and Saturdays, they're 'on duty'.

We could have had him on while he was properly broken, I suppose.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
If there was ever a player I want to see back fit again, it's Hoskins.

Agreed. I still love his goal v Newcastle. So simple yet such a great example of playing off the last man. Deserves a chance and hopefully he can get himself fit and a run of games.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Ran into him? Look where you are going. The poor guy has been out for a year and the last thing he needs is a clumsy fan injurying him again!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
On Sunday, at the top of Wilson Avenue, I saw a young man in a beanie driving a posh car. The number plate was WH05KIN and there appeared to be an S at the end, although this would not fit with normal template regulations...

I wonder who the young man might have been?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If Hoskins makes a return to the first team and plays out until the end of the season injury free it would be brilliant and definitely a massive highlight of the season along with Rohan's and Solly's emergence for me.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
If Hoskins makes a return to the first team and plays out until the end of the season injury free it would be brilliant and definitely a massive highlight of the season along with Rohan's and Solly's emergence for me.

Chicksen, Dunky & Jake all getting some football too.
And Bruno's turned into a player I actually hope to hear in the starting lineup.
And the realisation that we can live without Liam.

Actually, ignoring the usual WUMs & trolls on here, It's not been so bad thus far, has it?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here