Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nasty Spurs, Nasty Sherwood

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Hope they lose tonight. Sherwood says before the match 'with respect, we should beat clubs like Norwich away.' Respect? Give us a break.

Why does this make me so angry.

Because back in the day, a previous Spurs manager said of Brighton, in the same division, 'we should always beat clubs like Brighton.' Keith 'blo**dy' Burkenshaw!!

Horrible club and I have never forgotten that utterly disrespectful and absolutely groundless comment. And now they're at it again.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
He's being profoundly disrespectful to say that openly but given the talent at his disposal realistically they should be beating them.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Tim Sherwood's right in saying that Tottenham should be expecting to beat Norwich away if they are to be in with a shout of a top 4 finish. Nonetheless, it was a disingenuous thing to say considering that he did once play for Norwich.

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
I think a lot of us may have been guilty of the same referring to Yeovil or Barnsley this season, but never mind that. I, for one, cannot disagree with your sentiment towards a once great club. Sherwood comes across as an interim manager whether he likes it or not

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It would be nice for a manager to say "Our squad is far more expensive than theirs. We've paid more for them, we've paid them more and we should beat them. Ultimately, we are to blame if we don't". Maybe that's what he meant?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Used to work with Keith Burkenshaws daughter at American Express back in the day...quite fit as well from my memory

It would be nice for a manager to say "Our squad is far more expensive than theirs. We've paid more for them, we've paid them more and we should beat them. Ultimately, we are to blame if we don't". Maybe that's what he meant?

This.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Going well for them tonight so far then

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
That's the most blatant bit of cheating I have seen. Vertongen (Spelling) headbutts their player and dives on the floor, Their player gets sent off and now Tottenham are winning. Andy Townsend says that it was blatant sending off. Tosser he gets worse everytime he commentates.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That's the most blatant bit of cheating I have seen. Vertongen (Spelling) headbutts their player and dives on the floor, Their player gets sent off and now Tottenham are winning. Andy Townsend says that it was blatant sending off. Tosser he gets worse everytime he commentates.

Townsend is a total moron. I can honestly say that I haven't heard a bigger moron on a football show in my 42 years on this planet. It saddens me that our national broadcasters get these utter thickets in to offer their "expert" analysis.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

That's because the Dnipro player did move his head towards Vertonghen. It was soft, granted but it's still violent conduct.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008

100%

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Sherwood was trying to gee his players up with that comment. It seems to be working tonight. Every player is giving 10% extra.

D

Deleted member 22389

Went down like a sack of potatoes didn't he. Tottenham don't deserve this win at the moment. No wonder their player went mental.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm probably in the minority here but after all of the play acting and time wasting by Dnipro players for most of the game I don't mind if Spurs win - and I can't stand THFC.

Agree with the comments about Andy Townsend. He is worse than that ex Palace bellend for crying out loud.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Sherwood has given Spurs a bit more swagger. They would never have won that match with AVB in charge.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Townsend is a total moron. I can honestly say that I haven't heard a bigger moron on a football show in my 42 years on this planet. It saddens me that our national broadcasters get these utter thickets in to offer their "expert" analysis.

Really?

I see your total moron and raise you biased prick:

71.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here