crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Please God, let nothing like that ever happen at Brighton. Just seen it on SSN, and of those 5000, probably 4999 were screaming prepubescent school girls. Hideous.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Signing for Palace next season. They're only going in one direction.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Do you seriously believe they've made more of an impact than the Beatles?!

Only time can define that, who knows what effects One Direction will be having on popular culture in 30 or 40 years time.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Just shows what a phenomenon 1 Direction are, possibly the biggest band EVER??

Over 5,000 turn up for Donny Reserve game featuring 1D sensation Louis Tomlinson

Over 5,000 for a reserve game is phenomenal, great news story all round and a nice little earner for charity after the proceeds were kindly donated away by Louis and Doncaster.

'Biggest band Ever' ? Do you think 30 years after quitting, they will play the 02 and 20 million people apply for tickets ??, (Led Zeppelin) don't think so, they are just another crappy boy band, with no talent, apart from being pretty boys. Unfortunately this is the way that music has gone.......god I feel old now.....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
'Biggest band Ever' ? Do you think 30 years after quitting, they will play the 02 and 20 million people apply for tickets ??, (Led Zeppelin) don't think so, they are just another crappy boy band, with no talent, apart from being pretty boys. Unfortunately this is the way that music has gone.......god I feel old now.....

I have been buying up their perfume in bulk, will be a fantastic earner for me in a few years :thumbsup:

View attachment 51594

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Just shows what a phenomenon 1 Direction are, possibly the biggest band EVER??
Obvious trolling. However, here are some facts.
One Direction aren't even in the top 10 BOY bands ever (record sales) with something like 12m record sales to date. To put in perspective, Take That have sold about 45m records, the Osmonds with 77m and Backstreet Boys (top selling) with 130m.

But these all pale into insignificant compared to the biggest bands, e.g. Beatles with 600m records, Led Zeppelin 300m records, Pink Floyd with 250m and so on.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Credit for doing it for charity, the only thing i respect them for. The worst thing about that bloody band is their pathetic obsessive fans, the easiest people to wind-up in the world.

Their music is also awful too. If you were listening to Radio 1 on Tuesday afternoon, you would have heard that their latest song, Midnight Memories, is a complete rip-off of the Def Leppard classic Pour Some Sugar On Me.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Obvious trolling. However, here are some facts.
One Direction aren't even in the top 10 BOY bands ever (record sales) with something like 12m record sales to date. To put in perspective, Take That have sold about 45m records, the Osmonds with 77m and Backstreet Boys (top selling) with 130m.

But these all pale into insignificant compared to the biggest bands, e.g. Beatles with 600m records, Led Zeppelin 300m records, Pink Floyd with 250m and so on.

1D have only been going for a short while though. They will be around for many years to come and will probably break all of those records going on their current popularity. How many records had all of those sold after 3 or 4 years together??

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I bet it was tough when they were playing at small dirty venues just hoping for someone to spot their dance moves and incredible voices. It's amazing the climb they've made considering how little they were known about 2 years ago. They are a great example of the benefits of perseverance combined with a passion for music. If I were in One erection, i'd wear lipstick too.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
1D have only been going for a short while though. They will be around for many years to come and will probably break all of those records going on their current popularity. How many records had all of those sold after 3 or 4 years together??

The number of records sold in the first 3 or 4 years is obviously going to be lower for the Beatles/Zeppelin/Floyd etc because unlike One Direction, they had to graft and work for their breaks rather than gaining instant national exposure on TV.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
The number of records sold in the first 3 or 4 years is obviously going to be lower for the Beatles/Zeppelin/Floyd etc because unlike One Direction, they had to graft and work for their breaks rather than gaining instant national exposure on TV.

Massive Zeppelin fan myself but recently found out they ripped off loads of tracks from unsigned artists in the US. They didn't even write Stairways to heaven or Dazed and confused! In Led Zeppelins credits, they were amazing on their instruments, just a massive shame they didn't write any of their tracks. Probably the same for the Beatles too.
All manufactured to make money.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Taken over the club today. Exciting times for Donny Rovers, already estimated to have a personal wealth of some £15m and that figure is expected to rise as much as tenfold over the next decade. Also changing one of the stands at the Keepmoat the the 'One Direction Stand', they reckon crowds could increase by 30-40% with 1D fans wanting to sit in the stand named after their heroes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here