Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Euro's 2016

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
Me and my mates are planning on going, I'm guessing that we have to join Club England, anyone here know if theres more we have to do to get tickets?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Me and my mates are planning on going, I'm guessing that we have to join Club England, anyone here know if theres more we have to do to get tickets?

**** that waste of time. You won't get enough points between now and 2016 to secure tickets. Your best bet is head out there and hope to stumble across some on your travels. Least that's my plan.

Stainsey

Mar 25, 2009
The way Englandfans works is a loyalty scheme. The more games you go to before the tournament, the more 'Caps' you get. Then when a match is likely to be over subscribed, they operate a ballot. But it is done on a 70%/30% split, so that 70% of the tickets go to the most 'loyal' fans. The remaining 30% of tickets then go into a ballot, and is a lucky dip. To put it into numbers, say England get 1000 tickets, then 700 will go to the top cappers. But bear in mind they have something like 20,000 members. So, if everyone applied, then the remaining 300 tickets would be in a ballot with 19,300 applicants. Tickets at major tournaments are always limited to the competing teams, as the vast majority are sold direct by FIFA/UEFA, or go to the 'Football Family' ie Corporate Sponsors etc. The majority of French Stadiums will not be particularly large, and most of one side of a stadium is converted into Press facilities, which lowers the capacity available to fans even more. I would guess that England would only get about 2,500 to 3,000 tickets for group games, and because France is the first tournament easy to get to for years, then demand will be high. Therefore your only chance of getting tickets will be in a ballot with thousands of others, so the chances of your group all getting tickets will not be great. By all means join Englandfans (at a cost of about £70), but as the second poster says, you will probably have more luck going out there and getting lucky. And fan zones with big screens are now a standard at all host cities, so you have that as a fallback.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Will members with the required loyalty points be able to secure multiple tickets?

Oct 25, 2003
Im going to head out there. Not fussed about whether I catch a game or not. Even if I end up watching Austria vs Finland in a daed rubber 1st round game I'll die happy. Im more going to get caught up in the tournament atmosphere than anything else

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here