Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The £36m i360 set to go ahead

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Good news, it's about time this thing got built. It cannot come a moment too soon for places like Preston Street which has really gone downhill so to speak over the last few years. It could potentially help boost that whole area.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Tories trying to win voters with elections next year

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Excellent stuff, I love a good tower. Another one to go up, shit myself because it's too high, then come down quickly.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
They've nicked the design from "Space Patrol"

space%20patrol%20galasphere%20400p.jpg
2890889.jpg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
an unholy alliance

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House

Yes; at any cost apparently; 'Labour group leader Warren Morgan said: “In Thursday's council tax debate the Conservatives will again trot out their lines about ‘the mess Labour left us in’ and about ‘being responsible with taxpayers money’.
"Yet next week they will be committing two generations of council taxpayers to nearly forty million pounds of debt on a project that no private investor will support.

Funny old 'game' politics.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If private enterprise can't fund it why the hell should the taxpayer ??

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Another attraction for a city that thrives on tourism. I love the design too. Good news.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

As a Tory voter ( and Green voter ) in the last local election I'd say agreeing this is probably going to turn my vote in 2015 to Labour.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Am fairly sure I remember general support from all parties for this scheme since it was first suggested - although I may be completely wrong on that front.

It just seems Labour locally are prioritising disagreeing with the Greens and positioning themselves ahead of the next election ahead of working together constructively. I guess that is politics but still a bit of a shame.

Oct 25, 2003
Load of crap. Can you seriously imagine people saying "let's go to Brighton, they have a cracking OBSERVATION TOWER". Can't see it enhancing tourism enough to payback the cost of it. As for the residents, some will go once and never again- meanwhile we're crying out for decent leisure facilities that people will use again and again.

Sake

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
As a Tory voter ( and Green voter ) in the last local election I'd say agreeing this is probably going to turn my vote in 2015 to Labour.

Snap. Voted Tory but won't be at the next elections. In fact ever now. It's horrendous and inhumane what this conservative and Ian Duncan Smith are doing with the welfare reforms act,I know it was introduced by Labour in 97 or 98(can't remember) but the cruelty shown is totally disgusting. The benefit system needed addressing think we all know that but not how the Tories are going about it.

Massive mistake along with the bedroom tax will put an end to Cameron next year and for many after.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Load of crap. Can you seriously imagine people saying "let's go to Brighton, they have a cracking OBSERVATION TOWER". Can't see it enhancing tourism enough to payback the cost of it. As for the residents, some will go once and never again- meanwhile we're crying out for decent leisure facilities that people will use again and again.

Sake

Agree completely about the need for better leisure facilities.

But I think you might underestimate the number of people who will visit the new tower. Portsmouth's Spinnaker Tower had more than 600,000 visitors in its first year - although I don't know how that has been sustained or otherwise since.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here