Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS Snippet

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Something I just read on Sky Sports online that CMS quoted in an interview that made my eyes open wide.

When I was at Rotherham in 2002 in what would have been the Championship, we were playing against the likes of Manchester City and West Brom,
I think our top earner was on about £100,000 a year while some of City's lads were on £100,000 a month.

And that was 12 years ago at ROTHERHAM !!!!!!!
That equates to around just over £2000 a week which would be what now about £8000 a week or maybe more ?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Would have guessed that with inflation, the wages would now equate to about £2,500.00 a week.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Would have guessed that with inflation, the wages would now equate to about £2,500.00 a week.

Maths never was my strong point ha ha !!
It seems a hefty pay salary for a club like Rotherham, who, even in the championship rarely got over 5000 watching if that probably and they didn't have a rich owner either.
Also i would have thought being Yorkshire way they wouldn't sell much merchandise as far bigger clubs around that area. Leeds, Sheff Weds, Sheff Utd etc etc

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Something I just read on Sky Sports online that CMS quoted in an interview that made my eyes open wide.

When I was at Rotherham in 2002 in what would have been the Championship, we were playing against the likes of Manchester City and West Brom,
I think our top earner was on about £100,000 a year while some of City's lads were on £100,000 a month.

That equates to around just over £2000 a week which would be what now about £8000 a week or maybe more ?

What with the fact that Craig Mackail Smith has never played for Rotherham, this is a pretty good thread all round :thumbsup:

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
What with the fact that Craig Mackail Smith has never played for Rotherham, this is a pretty good thread all round :thumbsup:

But Barrington 'knows someone that works for the club who told him that...' and 'has got a mate that was working for CMS...'.

Are you suggesting that some of his 'snippetts' of information arent entirely accurate?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
close with the "ham" bit

Not even then, really! (He didn't play for Dagenham until 2004, and never in 'what would have been the Championship'.)

In 2002 he was playing for St.Albans.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not even then, really! (He didn't play for Dagenham until 2004, and never in 'what would have been the Championship'.)

In 2002 he was playing for St.Albans.
Initially I thought this thread was going nowhere, as it would seem to be based on the premise:-

'Footballists are over paid'.

But St Albans were paying £100,000 a year, f**k me that is surprising, and worthy of it's own thread.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Great thread :thumbsup:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

No offence, Baz, but that opening post is almost as bad as an marketing email about a kit sale just after an FA Cup exit :whistle: :fishing: :dunce:

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
No offence, Baz, but that opening post is almost as bad as an marketing email about a kit sale just after an FA Cup exit :whistle: :fishing: :dunce:

INDEED JOHN WILSON:fishing:

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
If you read Dick's book we were paying £2k aweek to Zamora in 2000, on crowds of 6K.
Havent had the pleasure yet as they refuse to sell it at the Amex hard to get hold of round Crowborough area

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here