Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Get a ****ing life mate ! Phat Baz 68's Avatar

Android or IPhone

0 Not allowed!
    I feel like I've turned to the dark side as I have ordered the new
    Samsung Galaxy 4g with the Android system and not an IPhone 5s or 5c.
    I use IMac and have an Ipad so have I made the right choice ?

I have 14 days to decide from delivery today !
    Discuss
    “Players lose you games, not tactics. There’s so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes.”

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Got rid of my Iphone last year as the bloody awful battery life was doing my head in. Changed to a Sony Experia which is much better from that perspective. Apps-wise, not much difference in terms of what I need. Using an Android means you can download 'digital stadium', the Amex App for score updates etc which is useful given the terrible signal coverage at the ground (DS not available on IOS yet)
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      You've seen the light brother.
      Who provided the first pic of Amex Progress? Who told you of the Amex staff sackings? Who told you that Sammy Lee wasn't coming?

0 Not allowed!
      I've recently completed the reverse and changed our old windows laptop for a MacBook and upgraded to an iPhone 5s.

The battery life on the 5s is fantastic compared to my old 3GS.

I just like the way Apple stuff works but know many people who love Android phones.
      This place has become impossible. Nothing to eat, freezing cold and now a madman on the prowl outside with eels.

0 Not allowed!
      I have moved from an iPhone to a Sony Experia Z1 so I can't speak for the Samsung but I enjoy the customisable nature of android (its.pretty easy to change the whole layout and appearance of your phone) and not being so tied down in the Apple 'ecosystem'. Really enjoying just being able to drag and drop mp3s to my phone than deal with iTunes. Android or at least the OS on my phone just has some ease of life improvements as well really small inconsequential things which I'm sure you can get as apps on an iPhone. Particularly the power and data managent options which let's you control in detail the way apps behave. Your most used apps update on the fly so you don't have to keep doing it manually, there's some nice options with the alarm clock.

Equally I know people that have hated the change over.

I really like the Z1 a lot but it's a premium phone and just as expensive as the iPhone! Couldn't recommend it enough snappy, good screen, waterproof (you can take pictures underwater!) and as you'd expect from Sony it sounds great.
      Last edited by deletebeepbeepbeep; 26-02-2014 at 06:52.
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Personally I think you've made the correct move. Apple software on their phones and applications such as i-Tunes infuriate me for being bug ridden and making the normally simplest of tasks difficult all in the name of looking "cool". Hate Apple !!!
      BAN Village Idiots
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."
      Everything in Moderation Prince Monolulu's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by deletebeepbeepbeep View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I have moved from an iPhone to a Sony Experia Z1 so I can't speak for the Samsung but I enjoy the customisable nature of android (its.pretty easy to change the whole layout and appearance of your phone) and not being so tied down in the Apple 'ecosystem'. Really enjoying just being able to drag and drop mp3s to my phone than deal with iTunes. Android or at least the OS on my phone just has some ease of life improvements as well really small inconsequential things which I'm sure you can get as apps on an iPhone. Particularly the power and data managent options which let's you control in detail the way apps behave. Your most used apps update on the fly so you don't have to keep doing it manually, there's some nice options with the alarm clock.

Equally I know people that have hated the change over.

I really like the Z1 a lot but it's a premium phone and just as expensive as the iPhone! Couldn't recommend it enough snappy, good screen, waterproof (you can take pictures underwater!) and as you'd expect from Sony it sounds great.
      This. I have the Z1 Compact and would never through choice have an iPhone over this. Media transfer and playback is simple, photos and novelty elements within are good fun and, oh yes, you can ring people on it.
      I gotta Horse!

0 Not allowed!
      I'm always reminded of a friend Big Jim in NYC. When I last saw him he was stabbing the screen of his phone, then smashing it on the bar whilst muttering 'I'm going back to Apple' All Apple users I meet always have a smile on their face. This is all I need to know.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

0 Not allowed!
      i went from a 3gs to a nexus 4 and now getting a iphone 5c today. i just prefer the ios interface - but both are good

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Phat Baz 68 View Post
      I feel like I've turned to the dark side as I have ordered the new Samsung Galaxy 4g with the Android system :
      If you mean the Samsung Galaxy S4 then take it back. Samsung announced the S5 yesterday and it will be available next month.

Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      Got rid of my Iphone last year as the bloody awful battery life was doing my head in.
      I picked up a Google Nexus 5 when they came out last year to give Android a proper go. The battery life was considerably worse than I've ever had with an iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by deletebeepbeepbeep View Post
      Really enjoying just being able to drag and drop mp3s to my phone than deal with iTunes.

Your most used apps update on the fly so you don't have to keep doing it manually
      My iPhone 5, which is nearly 18 months old now, has never been connected to iTunes.

My iPhone automatically updates all apps as updates are released.