Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Android or IPhone

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I feel like I've turned to the dark side as I have ordered the new
Samsung Galaxy 4g with the Android system and not an IPhone 5s or 5c.
I use IMac and have an Ipad so have I made the right choice ?

I have 14 days to decide from delivery today !
Discuss :p:p :rolleyes:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Got rid of my Iphone last year as the bloody awful battery life was doing my head in. Changed to a Sony Experia which is much better from that perspective. Apps-wise, not much difference in terms of what I need. Using an Android means you can download 'digital stadium', the Amex App for score updates etc which is useful given the terrible signal coverage at the ground (DS not available on IOS yet)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You've seen the light brother.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I've recently completed the reverse and changed our old windows laptop for a MacBook and upgraded to an iPhone 5s.

The battery life on the 5s is fantastic compared to my old 3GS.

I just like the way Apple stuff works but know many people who love Android phones.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I have moved from an iPhone to a Sony Experia Z1 so I can't speak for the Samsung but I enjoy the customisable nature of android (its.pretty easy to change the whole layout and appearance of your phone) and not being so tied down in the Apple 'ecosystem'. Really enjoying just being able to drag and drop mp3s to my phone than deal with iTunes. Android or at least the OS on my phone just has some ease of life improvements as well really small inconsequential things which I'm sure you can get as apps on an iPhone. Particularly the power and data managent options which let's you control in detail the way apps behave. Your most used apps update on the fly so you don't have to keep doing it manually, there's some nice options with the alarm clock.

Equally I know people that have hated the change over.

I really like the Z1 a lot but it's a premium phone and just as expensive as the iPhone! Couldn't recommend it enough snappy, good screen, waterproof (you can take pictures underwater!) and as you'd expect from Sony it sounds great.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Personally I think you've made the correct move. Apple software on their phones and applications such as i-Tunes infuriate me for being bug ridden and making the normally simplest of tasks difficult all in the name of looking "cool". Hate Apple !!!

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I have moved from an iPhone to a Sony Experia Z1 so I can't speak for the Samsung but I enjoy the customisable nature of android (its.pretty easy to change the whole layout and appearance of your phone) and not being so tied down in the Apple 'ecosystem'. Really enjoying just being able to drag and drop mp3s to my phone than deal with iTunes. Android or at least the OS on my phone just has some ease of life improvements as well really small inconsequential things which I'm sure you can get as apps on an iPhone. Particularly the power and data managent options which let's you control in detail the way apps behave. Your most used apps update on the fly so you don't have to keep doing it manually, there's some nice options with the alarm clock.

Equally I know people that have hated the change over.

I really like the Z1 a lot but it's a premium phone and just as expensive as the iPhone! Couldn't recommend it enough snappy, good screen, waterproof (you can take pictures underwater!) and as you'd expect from Sony it sounds great.

This. I have the Z1 Compact and would never through choice have an iPhone over this. Media transfer and playback is simple, photos and novelty elements within are good fun and, oh yes, you can ring people on it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm always reminded of a friend Big Jim in NYC. When I last saw him he was stabbing the screen of his phone, then smashing it on the bar whilst muttering 'I'm going back to Apple' All Apple users I meet always have a smile on their face. This is all I need to know.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I feel like I've turned to the dark side as I have ordered the new Samsung Galaxy 4g with the Android system :

If you mean the Samsung Galaxy S4 then take it back. Samsung announced the S5 yesterday and it will be available next month.

Got rid of my Iphone last year as the bloody awful battery life was doing my head in.

I picked up a Google Nexus 5 when they came out last year to give Android a proper go. The battery life was considerably worse than I've ever had with an iPhone.

Really enjoying just being able to drag and drop mp3s to my phone than deal with iTunes.

Your most used apps update on the fly so you don't have to keep doing it manually

My iPhone 5, which is nearly 18 months old now, has never been connected to iTunes.

My iPhone automatically updates all apps as updates are released.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I have not used an android that can compare to the iPhone and I have used most androids to test them out.
I do not just have a love for apple either as I much prefer the nexus 7 to my iPad mini.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I feel like I've turned to the dark side as I have ordered the new
Samsung Galaxy 4g with the Android system and not an IPhone 5s or 5c.
I use IMac and have an Ipad so have I made the right choice ?

I have 14 days to decide from delivery today !
Discuss :p:p :rolleyes:

All I can say is this. Samsung is great, but my daughter turned to the dark side and all she has experienced is problems.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
For years I had Android phones, particlularly HTC

I have recently switched to an iphone 5s and I absolutely love it

Apple stuff just works. I've found the apps load quicker and battery life so far has been excellent

Technologically and interactively. This is why I prefer Apple.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm always reminded of a friend Big Jim in NYC. When I last saw him he was stabbing the screen of his phone, then smashing it on the bar whilst muttering 'I'm going back to Apple' All Apple users I meet always have a smile on their face. This is all I need to know.

For years I had Android phones, particlularly HTC

I have recently switched to an iphone 5s and I absolutely love it

Apple stuff just works. I've found the apps load quicker and battery life so far has been excellent
Weird, the experience of myself and everyone I know that has had an iPhone is that they're unreliable pieces of shite that break down every five minutes and need updating 17 times a day.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
As someone who owns a Samsung (Galaxy note 3, battery life on that is absolutely superb) but may as well own an iphone given that I end up doing anything vaguely technical on my wifes, I'd pick the Samsung every time.

The 2 majors for me are the SD card slot (mine has 32gb memory plus a 64gb card) as well as the customisation aspect of Android. How people get by on 16gb with no expansion capability I have no idea.

Just don't expect Seaguls player to work on that shithouse Football league app. I can't get it to work on any of my Samsung devices.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Weird, the experience of myself and everyone I know that has had an iPhone is that they're unreliable pieces of shite that break down every five minutes and need updating 17 times a day.

I'd say 50% of my friends have an Iphone and virtually everyone at my office has one; the Frau and my brother both have iPhones. No one I know has had a single issue as far as I'm aware. My phone has only been turned off about three times since I got it which was well over a year ago and it has survived intense sunshine, -20 degrees and it has been pushed technologically as far as a phone can go. It is still fine. And I'm not really sure what you mean by updating. I get the odd IOS update and App updates.......but these are periodic and hardly a hinderance-I choose a suitable moment every so often to update them. I have a feeling your post is based more on prejudice than fact.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I'd say 50% of my friends have an Iphone and virtually everyone at my office has one; the Frau and my brother both have iPhones. No one I know has had a single issue as far as I'm aware. My phone has only been turned off about three times since I got it which was well over a year ago and it has survived intense sunshine, -20 degrees and it has been pushed technologically as far as a phone can go. It is still fine. And I'm not really sure what you mean by updating. I get the odd IOS update and App updates.......but these are periodic and hardly a hinderance-I choose a suitable moment every so often to update them. I have a feeling your post is based more on prejudice than fact.

This, 100%

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Well i have 14 days to try it out and if not i will send it back for the iphone 5s

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here