Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was one of your first favourite childhood song?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Childhood doesn't really cover it. The first song, or the song that stands out is, (see below) is a song that would be the soundtrack for my '96 montage and definitely the first song I was addicted to.

Southern FM. It's 11 o'clock and I'm Lawrence King. I was at a boarding school and all our hi-fis were tuned in to that.

Summer '96. Impossibly hot. El Tel turning us in to *almost* European beaters. This got me through my GCSEs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1D9wWxd2w

[yt]uB1D9wWxd2w[/yt]

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

My Mum used to sing this with me when I was little and dance around the living room.
Ha ha bless her :lolol:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I used to love Keith Harris and Orvile. I wish I could fly was my favourite.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
God knows which song was my favourite. I do recall being enthused by music at a young age though, and started buying music at quite a young age. Anyone remember Noise and Rondo Records in Newhaven? Early stuff was them TOTP albums, Grease and Saturday Night Fever OSTs, Elvis, Abba, ELO and then I moved into the 2nd generation of punk around the time of the Great Rock and Roll Swindle. Most of the former were from Wollies though. I've never looked back and I'm stilling buying music and last year I think was my most prolific for albums and gigs.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Not that I remember but my mum said I used to rock along in my high chair to KC & The Sunshine Band - Baby Give it Up.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
The first two records I ever bought. As good now as they were then.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
First song I can really remember hearing and liking was this when I was four (sorry if the videos terrible at work and can't listen):

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The theme music to The Archers, which always came on after Listen with Mother.... and the themes to Robinson Crusoe, Belle and Sebastien, The Magic Roundabout and The Banana Splits.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Also (I still love these):

I also had a Crackerjack record for a version of 'If I Could Talk to the Animals' from Doctor Doolittle that I really liked.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
think it might have been called "Torchy" ?
someone will know

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
First record I ever bought.

First record that I asked to be bought for me. Reminds me of the "Parade lap" watching stock cars. Great memory, better than the actual song.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here