Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs for Millwall

Oct 2, 2008
So many to choose from. 10 of us going up so a good pre match drinking session in prospect. Somehow we always end up starting in the Kings Head....and quite often we don't move although a trip to the Market Porter might be on the cards this time. Where is everyone else drinking ?.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
The Market Porter and the Royal Oak (a shameless plug for the Seagulls over London pub) both sell Harvey's, the former just Sussex I think, the latter the full Harvey's range. The Royal Oak does good food too; I don't know about the Market Porter. The Shipwrights Arms was as far as I know a Millwall pub, though may be okay now. We had good banter with some of the Millwall lot in the King's Head after we beat Charlton and they beat Palace back in 2010, till some idiot started chanting "Seagulls", which they didn't take too kindly to. Probably okay for a pre-match pint. The beer was excellent there.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Dont start singing " who's that lad from Argentina ' in the market porter as they took offence and stopped serving us pre play off semi final . so we drank vertually next door obviosly the landlord is a prick.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Dont start singing " who's that lad from Argentina ' in the market porter as they took offence and stopped serving us pre play off semi final . so we drank vertually next door obviosly the landlord is a prick.

Either that or he was an ex serviceman that served in the Falklands War Or his Dad did maybe ???

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Market Porter

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Or he doesn't allow chanting, so as not to annoy the bulk of the clientele who use the pub frequently, not just on corresponding match days, also, so that there is less chance of an incident should there be opposing groups of fans in there.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Wil probably start in The Mudlark for a spot of lunch. The onto The Rakes just behind the market. Good place for ales and craft beers, and even has an outside area.

Though of course no visit to London Bridge is complete without a visit to the Market Porter.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
The Market Porter and the Royal Oak (a shameless plug for the Seagulls over London pub) both sell Harvey's, the former just Sussex I think, the latter the full Harvey's range. The Royal Oak does good food too; I don't know about the Market Porter. The Shipwrights Arms was as far as I know a Millwall pub, though may be okay now. We had good banter with some of the Millwall lot in the King's Head after we beat Charlton and they beat Palace back in 2010, till some idiot started chanting "Seagulls", which they didn't take too kindly to. Probably okay for a pre-match pint. The beer was excellent there.

Walk on the wild side! An away game and drink exactly what you can get in most pubs in sussex!

Full english every morning in the red lion 'english pub' when you go on holiday as well is iT?!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Where's the best pubs to go to if you want a good TEAR UP?

the Blue Anchor or Ancient Foresters on Southwark Park rd. any time, unrelated to football, just wander in and you'll bound to find someone obliging.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here