Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Short Films.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I remember seeing this as a kid. I thought it was quite good.....enjoy!

[yt]JFeERCVkAPg[/yt]

Does anyone have any recommendations of other short films I could watch.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
My daughter wrote and directed this.
It reached the finals of her age category last year in a national contest.
It also took out first place in a local Film Festival.
Bear in mind she was only 14 years old at the time.
This is the second film she has won an award for, the first she made at 13 years old, which was screened at a live event at an open air amphitheater.

http://atomawards.org/student-entry/last-letter/

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
The Man Who Couldn't Stop Putting Things in Bins !!

Classic ha ha ha ha ha !!! :bowdown::)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Some short films are outstanding. There is some real dross out there too. It's an important process though if you have ambitions to become a film maker. I wish people didn't cover the same subjects all the time. Relationships, death and clunky twists are all over-used which makes it a joy when someone comes up with an original idea.

Entering them into competitions and festivals, while annoying for the viewer sometimes, is also a good learning curve for a film maker. All efforts should be encouraged as should constructive criticism.

To the poster who's daughter made one, at 14 that's a superb achievement, hope she goes on to make more.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Some short films are outstanding. There is some real dross out there too. It's an important process though if you have ambitions to become a film maker. I wish people didn't cover the same subjects all the time. Relationships, death and clunky twists are all over-used which makes it a joy when someone comes up with an original idea.

Entering them into competitions and festivals, while annoying for the viewer sometimes, is also a good learning curve for a film maker. All efforts should be encouraged as should constructive criticism.

To the poster who's daughter made one, at 14 that's a superb achievement, hope she goes on to make more.

She has gone on to study Film and TV Media full time now.
The funny thing is, is that she makes the films and others enter them into festivals.
She is quite shy but it is something she enjoys doing.
She has no interest in being in front of the camera, though she is photogenic.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
She has gone on to study Film and TV Media full time now.
The funny thing is, is that she makes the films and others enter them into festivals.
She is quite shy but it is something she enjoys doing.
She has no interest in being in front of the camera, though she is photogenic.

Making short films is an exciting process. I find pre-production, getting locations together, finding the cast, overcoming problems a really enjoyable part of the process. I prefer being in front of the camera but can see why people, such as your daughter, prefer the behind the camera experience. Power to her elbow, she's embarking on a fantastic venture and the earlier one can get involved the better. Good luck to her.

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
[yt]hMSLbMMrJpM[/yt]

Gone Fishing
Cant seem to find the whole film on yt but its a lovely little film , a hanky is a must .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here