Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our goal last night.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Amongst the gloom of last night, especially the first half which was an embarrassment, I thought it worth mentioning our goal.

Great free kick, and an excellent header. Ball whipped in with pace. So many goals are scored in this way these days, but we seldom use the tactic. Too often IMO, we take a quick, short, free kick which ends up going nowhere. Bridcutt used to be the worst culprit.

I'm not saying we should just hoof the ball, but the idea of the game is to score goals, and sometimes, just sometimes it may mean being more direct, especially in the opposition's half.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I must admit it does frustrate me immensely when we take our corners short. I know you have to switch it up sometimes but I can barely ever remember anything positive coming out of them, March vs Port Vale is one of the only goals I can remember in years. When we actually take the corner properly we seem to score far more frequently, and that goes for free kicks as well.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Amongst the gloom of last night, especially the first half which was an embarrassment, I thought it worth mentioning our goal.

Great free kick, and an excellent header. Ball whipped in with pace. So many goals are scored in this way these days, but we seldom use the tactic. Too often IMO, we take a quick, short, free kick which ends up going nowhere. Bridcutt used to be the worst culprit.

I'm not saying we should just hoof the ball, but the idea of the game is to score goals, and sometimes, just sometimes it may mean being more direct, especially in the opposition's half.

The ball Spanish Dave put in for the goal was sublime.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here