Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Major clear out in the summer.....

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Who do people really believe we need to move on in the summer, if we find ourselves preparing for another season in the championship next season. As I strongly suspect we will. We all agree that the events of last summer was a major distraction leading into this campaign and I suspect plans for the close season are already in place..I personally think there will be a major turn around in the playing staff, here's who I think maybe in the autumn of their Albion careers.

TK- unless by some miracle we go up, because we won't match his current contract.
Greer- Just think he doesn't move the ball forward quick enough and will move on.
Ward- Must be on massive wages, think he will get a better offer elsewhere.
Andrew- Hasn't really impressed to want him here next season.
Lopez- Should never have come back, has been a shadow of the player last season.
Orlandi- Just to injury prone and a drain on the wage bill.
Buckley- Will move on, for a fee.
Ulloa- May get an offer we just can't refuse £7m+
Rodney- From what we have seen so far, please no.

Sure there will be others like Brezovan and fridge players. But these are the big first team names, that I think will be moved on in the summer. I can see a massive clear out coming.

What do others think???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I've just had a major clearout , too much ratatouille at lunchtime I suspect.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think Bruno will be gone as well, but suspect we'll offer Calderon a new deal.

Of the players above we need to do all we can to keep Ulloa, and I also hope Orlandi gets a deal.

And 1 more year for Upson.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Get rid of.

Spanish Dave
Orlandi
Andrews
Stephens
Hoskins or CMS
Buckley
Brez
Ankergren

Team would be: ( presuming we keep the following )

Kushack ( however u spell it )
New/Bruno
Dunk
Upson
Ward/Chicksen

Ince
New - box to box
New - box to box
Lua/New
March/New

Ulloa/CMS or Hoskins/New

Calderon will take the place of Nathan Jones.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'm not convinced by your choice of players out, but i reckon we will getrid of a lot, and probally some crowd favourites. I would think this is why none of the Bridcutt and Barnes transfer money has been spent

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Major rebuild with so many players out of contract
TK - Will go stated he will leave at the end of the season
Ward- hopefully we can persuade him to stay
Upson- as above but will need cover as age is an issue
Andrews - back to Bolton
Lopez - Released
Rodriguez - Back to the 3rd division in Spain
Obika - Back to Spurs
Ulloa - Hopefully will stay but think he will leave
CMS - Depends on what happens between now and the end of season
Hoskins - As above hope we keep him
Brezovan - Released
Ankergen - Released

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Could happen. Which makes me think - let's just enjoy this season with what we've got now, and worry about next season in the summer.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Kooshack ... Don't see him going, the Prem is well served with GK's

Ward ... he may be on massive wages but his standard is very much Championship. Not sure how long his Wolves contract is but he may have no choice but to take a reduction. Hopefully will be within our budget

Thinking we need a new RB

Dunk to develop further

SD let go as is Rodriguez and Andrews. Otherwise I think we're OK

Lots depends on the recoveries of CMS and Hoskins, if we can (want to) keep, Ulloa and if Buckley mans up

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so move on most the first team. to be replaced by all those cheap and outstanding players we missed out on last summer and January window, if only we had space for them. genius plan.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
TK is a tricky one wants to go to Premier but most teams even lower ones have decent keepers and he wont want to be a No2 I think that he could get offered more money by a team like Leeds, Forest, Burnley if they dont get promoted so perhaps he will resign with us.

Hasnt Ward said he will go back to Wolves if they are promoted,

I think our biggest oroblem could be hanging on to Ulloa.

Aug 23, 2011
TK obviously wants premiership but there are a lot of very good keepers in this division who also want that. Eg almunia, al habsi, etc who are a similar standard.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Calderon would be an amazing choice to be player / assistant head coach.
Considering all the bitching, arguing and general ill feeling that is rife on this forum at the moment, the very notion of Calderón as coach/assistant is something we all seem to stand united on. It can surely only be a good thing.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
TK obviously wants premiership but there are a lot of very good keepers in this division who also want that. Eg almunia, al habsi, etc who are a similar standard.
Schmeichel, Heaton, Robinson, Randolph, Camp, Darlow. The standard of 'keeper in this division is very high. I really rate TK but I think he would struggle to get himself a #1 spot in the Premier League.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I think Bruno will be gone as well, but suspect we'll offer Calderon a new deal.

Of the players above we need to do all we can to keep Ulloa, and I also hope Orlandi gets a deal.

And 1 more year for Upson.

What is a concern is that Prem managers are beginning to notice Ulloa...Wigan and Hull mangers have said that the big guy up front caused them problems...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here