Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peace Brothers

Mulderbauer

Feb 23, 2009
I rarely post stuff, generally pop in every day for a little look around NSC and been a Seagulls fan (no other team..) for 36 years with my dear Mother introducing me to the East Stand with a Crate in hand to stand on at the tender age of 6. Ive been through the highs and lows as a lot of us but loved being a Brighton support and passionate about my city and club

Yes we all need to get stuff of our chests now and again about the performances, selections, morale, finances but seriously some of you need to get a ****ing grip!

Cmon we all know the financial constraints we now have, the injuries we've had, how low the club was after Palace 'poyet **** up ' and 'Poo Gate', the Poyet aftermath, 'Bridgate'... and finally a new manager coming in.

The realists amongst us thought mid table would be a good achievement and here we are....8th in the league still in reach of playoffs, just got knocked out of the FA Cup by Prem League opposition (yet last week we thoroughly deserved to win, would of met Sunderland and could of been a semi at Wembley...) played an absolute blinder against inform ex prem team Wigan but one of those games.., 27k crowds, magnificient stadium, amazing Chairman and top notch Chief Ex.... but will still MOAN!!!! Get a grip people!

Pease brothers :) xx

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Indeed.

Mulderbauer

Feb 23, 2009
Sorry just seen the 2pm thread - Can we all please just take a moment?. At least we are on the same page mate...nice one!!!

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
I have notched up 46yrs this season and see us play home matches regularly at 4 different grounds. You know it is a breath of fresh air reading your observations from all the knee jerk shite the armchairs write on these message boards.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
A top notch Chief Exec sorry cannot agree to that at all.

I think a lot of peoples gripe is the sounding off by the powers that be, about about how they want us to be a Premier League side,
but invest very little money into the playing side of it , which after all is what counts at the end of the day.
Yes we have a lovely stadium we fill every week and are much better off but now we need to move up to the next level which IMHO we wont with the current squad.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I think a lot of peoples gripe is the sounding off by the powers that be, about about how they want us to be a Premier League side,
but invest very little money into the playing side of it , which after all is what counts at the end of the day.
Yes we have a lovely stadium we fill every week and are much better off but now we need to move up to the next level which IMHO we wont with the current squad.

In the course of two seasons, our revenue has tripled. So have our staff costs. Essentially, ALL the extra revenue the stadium has brought in has gone into upgrading the playing side of the club.

We spend 90% of our ENTIRE revenue (not just ticketing revenue) on staff costs.

I have no idea whether you are a WUM, or a moron? :shrug:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
In the course of two seasons, our revenue has tripled. So have our staff costs. Essentially, ALL the extra revenue the stadium has brought in has gone into upgrading the playing side of the club.

We spend 90% of our ENTIRE revenue (not just ticketing revenue) on staff costs.

I have no idea whether you are a WUM, or a moron? :shrug:

Well I certainly don't abuse people who have a different opinion to me .
Dear oh dear have some Cowpol or something ha ha

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

You really need to read the'Will Pompey fold' thread

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I rarely post stuff, generally pop in every day for a little look around NSC and been a Seagulls fan (no other team..) for 36 years with my dear Mother introducing me to the East Stand with a Crate in hand to stand on at the tender age of 6. Ive been through the highs and lows as a lot of us but loved being a Brighton support and passionate about my city and club

Yes we all need to get stuff of our chests now and again about the performances, selections, morale, finances but seriously some of you need to get a ****ing grip!

Cmon we all know the financial constraints we now have, the injuries we've had, how low the club was after Palace 'poyet **** up ' and 'Poo Gate', the Poyet aftermath, 'Bridgate'... and finally a new manager coming in.

The realists amongst us thought mid table would be a good achievement and here we are....8th in the league still in reach of playoffs, just got knocked out of the FA Cup by Prem League opposition (yet last week we thoroughly deserved to win, would of met Sunderland and could of been a semi at Wembley...) played an absolute blinder against inform ex prem team Wigan but one of those games.., 27k crowds, magnificient stadium, amazing Chairman and top notch Chief Ex.... but will still MOAN!!!! Get a grip people!

Pease brothers :) xx

If you read NSC regularly, you should know this is no place for reason, balance or maturity. Now please piss off and we will see you again in a few years when we are established n the top division, flirting around Europe and still running around panicking like a bunch of bedwetting schoolgirls

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Hereford away, is the game I will always remember, yes it is so bad now ?, what planet is prat baz 68, I assume he is a JCL and only just supporting team in the last few years, as you have not a clue mate. We are in the best position on and off the field then we have ever been in, in my 50 years of supporting the club. 2 bad results do not change what is happening to this Club. We are investing in players, have a new stadium, new training facility, the best CEO in football, yes he is, he got voted by all the other clubs. I am a very happy supporter, if you don't like it then go and support a team that wants people like you, although do t think there are many that would want you to be honest.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Just because you have a moan about the manager/players/directors/chairman doesn't mean that you aren't a good supporter nor that you aren't appreciative of what has been achieved.

Moaning about any of the above is all part of the rich fabric of footballing tradition - stop the moaning and you are taking something away from the football experience, not adding to it.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

FFP. What is so difficult to understand about this? We've gone over the financial restrictions time and time again.

Thank you to the thread starter. It's 38yrs for me. I'll be back again next season and will be more optimistic about our future than I have ever been.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Nothing that happens at this club will ever be so utterly gut wrenching as walking out of the Goldstone for the very last time. Losing a game at Hull that we didn't really expect or deserve to win barely registers in the scheme of things. The club is well placed for an exciting finish to the season. If we don't make the playoffs, I'm sure that another year in this division will hardly be the end of the world. I love how this club is right now!

Mulderbauer

Feb 23, 2009
If you read NSC regularly, you should know this is no place for reason, balance or maturity. Now please piss off and we will see you again in a few years when we are established n the top division, flirting around Europe and still running around panicking like a bunch of bedwetting schoolgirls

'Now please piss off'????!! You have some serious social issues there...

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Been going since 1970 & really can't complain about anything going on at the Albion at the moment. I think it's because of the recent excitement, with that man from Uruguay at the helm our football was a tad more exciting, & I think we expected a happy ending with promotion surely coming sooner rather than later.
We've been under a little bit of a grey cloud this season, but it's nothing compared to what we've been through in the past.
I just thank my lucky stars that I still have such a great club to follow, I absolutely love going to the Amex & sometimes have to remember where we've come from when we have a disappointment.
Weekends are still ruined by a defeat and beers taste better when we win. It's the way it's always been!

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
First game in 1969 and been following the club ever since - 4 season tickets for the whole family at the Amex.

Hugely supportive of Oscar and what he's trying to do and love the club's pragmatic approach to the madness of modern football's finances... BUT - I was, for some reason, utterly pissed off after last night's game. There was just something about the whole spectacle that really ****ed me off. The players looked ill-prepared, not up for it and so sloppy in the first half. If Hull had been excellent then no problem, but they were not. We did not compete! And in the second half we didn't go absolutely balls out to win a 5th round FA cup tie.

I think too many people are mixing up serial moaners with the usually very supportive majority being so pissed off at such a tame surrender.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
First game in 1969 and been following the club ever since - 4 season tickets for the whole family at the Amex.

Hugely supportive of Oscar and what he's trying to do and love the club's pragmatic approach to the madness of modern football's finances... BUT - I was, for some reason, utterly pissed off after last night's game. There was just something about the whole spectacle that really ****ed me off. The players looked ill-prepared, not up for it and so sloppy in the first half. If Hull had been excellent then no problem, but they were not. We did not compete! And in the second half we didn't go absolutely balls out to win a 5th round FA cup tie.

I think too many people are mixing up serial moaners with the usually very supportive majority being so pissed off at such a tame surrender.

Agree with you there mate; I am very supportive of the board & am not calling for the managers head, but there is doubt. This is not a moan!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here