Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we all please just take a moment?

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
We are currently placed as the 28th best team in the country.
We are only 4 points off the play offs with a game in hand.
We have just been knocked out of the FA cup at the FIFTH round by a solid Premier League side in a 2-1 loss after them forcing a replay at our place.
We have the AMEX.
We seem to be one of the few top teams in the Championship to be trying to stick to FFP.
We have, for the second season in a row, one of the tightest defenses and arguably the best keepers in the league.
We now have players coming through the youth academy which are now regular 1st teamers, with Ince in contention for player of the season.
We all (99%) want to get to the Premier League, so we have to have this balance of club and business.
We are a bigger club than we have been for the past 30 years, that comes with consequences.
We do not have a divine right to win every game of football we play.
We, like every other club in the world, have our off days and sticky patches.
We have to remember how turbulent the last 12 months (losing the biggest game of the last 10 years against our fiercest rivals, new manager, injuries galore) and how well we have got through it.

We all signed up to this website because we are fans and support the club. We can be disappointed when we lose, but when every thread on the first page is us bemoaning some tiny aspect of the club it makes me sick. Yes we just lost 2 games back to back, but against 2 very good sides. Yes they weren't our best performances, but we lost both by only a goal.

We have 15 games left of the league season which could quite easily turn into 18. 4 points, that's the gap, with some massive games coming up.

Sorry for the long post, but think some people should try the supporting part a bit more.

Jan 14, 2008
Windsor ontario
We have just been knocked out of the FA cup at the FIFTH round by a solid Premier League side in a 2-1 loss after them forcing a replay at our place.
We have the AMEX.
We seem to be one of the few top teams in the Championship to be trying to stick to FFP.
We have, for the second season in a row, one of the tightest defenses and arguably the best keepers in the league.
We now have players coming through the youth academy which are now regular 1st teamers, with Ince in contention for player of the season.
We all (99%) want to get to the Premier League, so we have to have this balance of club and business.
We are a bigger club than we have been for the past 30 years, that comes with consequences.
We have to remember how turbulent the last 12 months (losing the biggest game of the last 10 years against our fiercest rivals, new manager, injuries galore) and how well we have got through it.

We all signed up to this website because we are fans and support the club. We can be disappointed when we lose, but when every thread on the first page is us bemoaning some tiny aspect of the club it makes me sick. Yes we just lost 2 games back to back, but against 2 very good sides. Yes they weren't our best performances, but we lost both by only a goal.

We have 15 games left of the league season which could quite easily turn into 18. 4 points, that's the gap, with some massive games coming up.

Sorry for the long post, but think some people should try the supporting part a bit more.

THIS .......Some of the people that claim to support this club are ridiculous. If misery loves company then you've just got to sign up on here.......some people just love to complain. absolute disgrace :tosser:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I didn't come here for a lecture in communism.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Can we have more posts like this to clear the moaners from the front page please!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Strictly speaking Rohan Ince came through CHELSEA'S youth system. He was 20 when we signed him. I think, for context, Liam Bridcutt was only one year old than that. Ashley Barnes was, I believe, 20 when we signed him on loan.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thanks. S'cheered me up a bit.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Very nice except player of the season will be Upson.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We have the AMEX.

In response to the two bits I have put in bold:

1. We're obviously not praying hard enough ..... unless God is homophobic (And yes, I am joking, on both counts.)
2. I thought we played pretty well against Wigan, and did most things right other than score more goals than them.

But in response to the general drift of the post, I totally agree.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can we have more posts like this to clear the moaners from the front page please!

And keep bouncing this one :bounce:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Is it OK to ban someone for being eminently sensible. I demand a recount, and am willing to stand as a witness for the defence.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
We have the AMEX.

No no no. We have to have success NOW NOW NOW. And we should buy £5 million players and lower season ticket prices and beer and pie prices. We have to win every single game we play, or it's time to replace the current manager with the opposite kind of manager, regardless of which sort he is. And as soon as we lose a game we should instantly change the formation, and keep changing it every game until we win one.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is it OK to ban someone for being eminently sensible. I demand a recount, and am willing to stand as a witness for the defence.

I was a witness to the defence last night and confirm they were largely pretty rubbish.

That said, I agree entirely with the O/P :thumbsup:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
No no no. We have to have success NOW NOW NOW. And we should buy £5 million players and lower season ticket prices and beer and pie prices. We have to win every single game we play, or it's time to replace the current manager with the opposite kind of manager, regardless of which sort he is. And as soon as we lose a game we should instantly change the formation, and keep changing it every game until we win one.

Calm down, Dear.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Well said JOLovegrove. I could not have said it better and probably could not have said it as well. I would only change one letter of your post

"We have, .........arguably the best keeper(s) in the league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here