Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good old fashioned striker...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Is what we clearly need. Other threads have suggested we need an English manager to get promoted. Rubbish. We need someone who can
1) Get STUCK IN
2) Win headers when we GET IT IN THE MIXER
3) HIT IT

My suggestion is we target Akinfenwa from Gillingham on a loan to buy deal. Enough FANNYING about with these useless Spanish CHUMPS. If Oscar can't win us games with players of his calibre it's time Bloom gives him his P45 imo. Thoughts?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Really? You make a big talk and then suggest a 31 year old 5ft 11 striker who has a decent record in league 2? He is hardly linely to be the big game changer who will gain us promotion.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Is what we clearly need. Other threads have suggested we need an English manager to get promoted. Rubbish. We need someone who can
1) Get STUCK IN
2) Win headers when we GET IT IN THE MIXER
3) HIT IT

My suggestion is we target Akinfenwa from Gillingham on a loan to buy deal. Enough FANNYING about with these useless Spanish CHUMPS. If Oscar can't win us games with players of his calibre it's time Bloom gives him his P45 imo. Thoughts?

Get stuck in..............Alex Dawson;he'd frighten anybody!!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
get stuck in
score goals
tackle back
hang on a minute we had one of those

and we sold him because we did not think he was worth paying a little more than he was getting

and just a minute more breaking news
we had two that could have done that job

WTF is going on??

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
We don't need an old fashioned striker, we need a player who can operate anywhere in the front 3 , someone like Joe Mason or Mackie.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I had to check this thread hadn't been bounced.

Ulloa has just scored in 5 consecutive games! Despite a stop start season for him he's got 11 goals in 22 appearances. Superb.

We don't need a striker, we need our bloody midfield to put their shooting boots on! (which was why the injury to Crofts was such a hammer blow).

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
If it's not Ade Akinfenwa, then how about a couple of new Spanish midfielders to pad out the squad ?

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

Ulloa has just scored in 5 consecutive games! Despite a stop start season for him he's got 11 goals in 22 appearances. Superb.

We don't need a striker, we need our bloody midfield to put their shooting boots on! (which was why the injury to Crofts was such a hammer blow).

not doubting what you're saying, but the club has admitted he's playing with an ankle injury (SSN yesterday) and that he needs 'back up' .

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I can't quite work out whether this is a deliberate wind up or not, a sort of poor man's Ernest, if you will.

Akinfenwa :ohmy: No, it's definitely a joke, I think. Haha. Ha.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

I didn't think NSC was about in 1996?

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Please say your not actually serious !!

A journeyman ageing striker who can't even make the first team of an average League 2 Fleetwood team is not the answer.

the youngster's done well hasn't he ? Purely responding to a thread, this guy has all the attributes eluded to, and is at Fleetwood purely as a sub....when they need a goal, they bring him on, invariably works. May be a journeyman as you say, but experience can count for a lot. Opposing defenders have it far too easy, throw on a 6'4" brick ****house with 20 minutes to go and see what happens.
Only a thought , your ideas now ?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
the youngster's done well hasn't he ? Purely responding to a thread, this guy has all the attributes eluded to, and is at Fleetwood purely as a sub....when they need a goal, they bring him on, invariably works. May be a journeyman as you say, but experience can count for a lot. Opposing defenders have it far too easy, throw on a 6'4" brick ****house with 20 minutes to go and see what happens.
Only a thought , your ideas now ?

The difference is that Fleetwood also play a totally different style to us as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here