Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull Fans

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
Was it just me feeling old but did the Hull fans to our left look really young? The stewards were keeping a watching eye and then the mini pitch invasion at the end, all v strange.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
But to be fair, they sang well. Matched occasionally by nearly 500 rather shell-shocked fans by the end of 1st half. I particularly enjoyed our rejoinder to "You're so southern, you are French" by "Bonjour! Bonjour! We are the Brighton boys"

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Also the We've Got Central heating song seemed to go down well too. Thought the Hull fans were good yesterday, shame they had to lower the tone at around 75minutes, but I thought they were loud and made for a good atmosphere.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Our rendition of "What the f******g hell was that" to our own players was a first for me.

Even as they lined that free kick up, I was thinking to myself that there were too many players standing around the ball talking about what to do with it, and that it would almost certainly lead to utter confusion. Then when it became apparent that the unfortunately hapless JFC was going to take it, this became even more certain.

And so it proved. I felt quite sorry for him last night as pretty much everything he did went wrong. He had a shocker. I don't wish that on any player, and certainly not a young one.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Made me laugh to hear some Albion fans trying to share some brother/sisterhood with the Hull fans in their City till I die chants. Sucking up to them I call it.

Then fuming as the Tigers fans gave it their best homophobic chants.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Made me laugh to hear some Albion fans trying to share some brother/sisterhood with the Hull fans in their City till I die chants. Sucking up to them I call it.

Then fuming as the Tigers fans gave it their best homophobic chants.
You'll hate the banner that was at the back of our fans then, which was donated to the City fans after the game.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I quite enjoyed those four divs who ran on to the pitch at the end to celebrate the achievement of beating the mighty Albion, and were promptly rugby tackled to the ground by stewards.

Fortunately for them, their quarter final tie and any subsequent Wembley appearance will be on TV, so at least they'll be able to watch from home.

BHAMAN

Dec 25, 2010
Shoreham
Seeing as this thread seems mostly populated by people at the ground last night, can I ask if anyone has received their e-cash credit for their match ticket yet?

EDIT: actually, forget that - I can see that it says the credit will be made within 7 days of the replay

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
But to be fair, they sang well. Matched occasionally by nearly 500 rather shell-shocked fans by the end of 1st half. I particularly enjoyed our rejoinder to "You're so southern, you are French" by "Bonjour! Bonjour! We are the Brighton boys"

That was decent.

I did chuckle when some bloke down towards the front shouted out (in true Del Boy style) "BONNET DE DOUCHE!" immediately after that song.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
You'll hate the banner that was at the back of our fans then, which was donated to the City fans after the game.

Not at all TB; just amused at the reaction of our lot when they heard the homophobic stuff.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Shows how much of a difference having the singers next to the away fans. They had similar numbers of singers as we do at home games and from where I was standing they sounded great.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bonjour! Bonjour! Nous sommes les Brighton Boys
Bonjour! Bonjour! Nous sommes les Brighton Boys
Et si vous êtes un fan de Palace
Rachetez ou vous mourrez
Nous suivons tous l'Albion...

We realised to our great regret that we didn't even know the words to Frere Jacques, so there's little chance of us picking up anything new like that.

Malheureusement.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here