[Official Site] Oscar: First Half Display Costly

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
oscar-l229-1381341_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
22:30 24th February 2014
by Paul Camillin
We were the better team in the second half, and maybe we deserved something more, but in the first half they were the better side"
Oscar Garcia
Head coach Oscar Garcia admitted he was not pleased with Albion's first-half showing at Hull City in tonight's FA Cup fifth round replay - but praised his side's reaction in the second half.*
The Seagulls fell behind to two freak Hull goals in the first half - but rallied after the break as Lewis Dunk rattled the bar and Leo Ulloa scored his fifth goal in five games.*
Oscar told seagulls.co.uk, "I was not happy in the first half; I did not recognise my team. Against a Premier League side we have to play for 90 minutes.*
"We were the better team in the second half, and maybe we deserved something more, but in the first half they were the better side.*
"We were maybe a little bit afraid and we just didn't keep the ball well enough in the first half.*
"In the second half, after the team talk, I was pleased with the reaction from the players and they showed what we are capable of doing on the pitch."
Oscar felt Hull's second should have been ruled out for offside - but refused to blame the decision for his side's FA Cup exit.*
"For me it was offside, for sure. Overall it was even in terms of chances, but they took two and we only took one."
The Albion boss also praised a superb turnout by the 486 travelling supporters.*
"It was a long way to come on a Monday night. The support from the fans at this club is excellent and I thank them for turning out and supporting us in such force once again."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here