Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Losing 2-1 in a CUP match, on 89 mins bring on a striker - Discuss!

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Bemused by this - it can only because of payment by appearances related surely? If not, then I am beginning to seriously question our coaching staff.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Bemused by this - it can only because of payment by appearances related surely? If not, then I am beginning to seriously question our coaching staff.

Agree that it was a ridiculous decision. If he's worth bringing on, then 75 mins latest.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
apparently it was to stop Hull from scoring a 3rd and losing the game in midfield (according to another thread) - How about LETTING THEM WORRY ABOUT US.. losing 2-1 in a cup game and you wait until 89 mins to bring on a 2nd striker.. Utterly pathetic.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
No it was right. It's all part of the attacking obsessed Oscars master plan.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He was our 3rd sub , by bringing him on it added another 30 seconds to the stoppage time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont think that had he come on 15 mins earlier that he would have made any difference but at least give him a chance not 1 minute. Could it be part of the loan agreement that he has to play in a given number of games and Oscar is disappointed with his contribution so restrict his time on the field each game.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
No confidence in him doing the right things, if he was to make the starting 11 he would have by now. Only a injury to Ulloa (god forbid please no ) would see him start now

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Was very strange decision he was never going to make a difference in that time.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I am convinced that Obika has it written in his loan agreement that he will play some part in each game. Surely OG has no faith in him if he needs a goal only sends home on with a couple of minutes to go. Personally I would say thanks to Spurs and send him back to them!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Lopez looked injured when he came off holding his side.Think in all fairness to Oscar this change was a forced one.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
we told spurs that we would play him in as many matches as possible

we just did'nt say how long for

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports