Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone remember?

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
Sitting in the pi**ing hard rain at withdean watching Tommy Fraser consistently get in our squad. This thought gets me through tough times like a couple of average performances against decent opposition. :whistle:

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Bit random for your first post!

Didn't you know, we're only doing slagging off and doom and gloom tonight!

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
Bit random for your first post!

Didn't you know, we're only doing slagging off and doom and gloom tonight!

Im one of those remember the hard times so satisfied with anything put in front of me types. I don't think Im wanted round here tonight.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yes we all (or most of us) remember the crap times but we've moved on from then and that first half display tonight was pitiful and derserves stick.

As I said on the thread about Oscar I am 100% behind him but when the team are as diabolical as they were for most of tonight then fans are not going to he happy and every right to voice that.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Sitting in the pi**ing hard rain at withdean watching Tommy Fraser consistently get in our squad. This thought gets me through tough times like a couple of average performances against decent opposition. :whistle:

I will tell you something, it is a pity a few of the players don't have half the passion Fraser had for playing for the Albion, we might have a few more points on the board now.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
The Withdean era was the most successful period in the history of the club, don't knock it, it was amazing, 4 trophies in 11 years.

Aimed more at the terrible facilities/some of the playing staff/the general quality and style of football we played more specifically the slade years. Started following the Albion in the early 90's so those trophies are about the only enjoyment I have had as a brighton fan.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
Yes we all (or most of us) remember the crap times but we've moved on from then and that first half display tonight was pitiful and derserves stick.

As I said on the thread about Oscar I am 100% behind him but when the team are as diabolical as they were for most of tonight then fans are not going to he happy and every right to voice that.

My entire life as a brighton fan, apart from a couple of seasons at the goldstone that I'm barely old enough to remember, we haven't even had a ground. So I just find it very difficult to do anything but appreciate what we now have and be content with whatever I see on the pitch.
A Farley placid attitude to take but each to there own and all that.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
At one point we were bottom of L2.

Therefore we should be happy if we finish mid-table in L2 'cos we've been in worse positions. It's the same stupid logic. Expectations change.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
At one point we were bottom of L2.

Therefore we should be happy if we finish mid-table in L2 'cos we've been in worse positions. It's the same stupid logic. Expectations change.

Edit: YOUR expectations change.

Remember this is a matter of opinions. I'm content with mid table championship football for a few more years thanks.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Edit: YOUR expectations change.

Remember this is a matter of opinions. I'm content with mid table championship football for a few more years thanks.

Yes, and when exactly did us having Tommy Fraser in our squad whilst achieving Championship football?

Don't bring up Withdean with Fraser at L1, if you wouldn't be happy with that now as it has nothing to do with it. I'd bite your hand off for 12th in this league if we were playing exciting football and scoring goals. We're not.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Yes, and when exactly did us having Tommy Fraser in our squad whilst achieving Championship football?

Don't bring up Withdean with Fraser at L1, if you wouldn't be happy with that now as it has nothing to do with it. I'd bite your hand off for 12th in this league if we were playing exciting football and scoring goals. We're not.

Can someone translate this into coherent English for me.

Thanks in advance.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Can someone translate this into coherent English for me.

Thanks in advance.

Well, I'm tired so I have made a couple of grammatical mistakes. Deeply sorry dear. -

The OP brings up Tommy Fraser at Withdean, as an example of why we shouldn't complain about our poor performances.
I mentioned how we used to be in the bottom division and that expectations change over time.
The OP then replied saying some guff about how he is happy in the Championship even if we finish midtable.
I brought up that the two posts don't match. Mainly as Tommy Fraser never played for us in the Championship so his original post makes no sense. Why use something as an example of how far we've come, and then when somebody else uses the same logic claim they're wrong?
I then went on to say I'd be happy with finishing 12th if we were playing good football, which we aren't.

xx

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Well, I'm tired so I have made a couple of grammatical mistakes. Deeply sorry dear. -

The OP brings up Tommy Fraser at Withdean, as an example of why we shouldn't complain about our poor performances.
I mentioned how we used to be in the bottom division and that expectations change over time.
The OP then replied saying some guff about how he is happy in the Championship even if we finish midtable.
I brought up that the two posts don't match. Mainly as Tommy Fraser never played for us in the Championship so his original post makes no sense. Why use something as an example of how far we've come, and then when somebody else uses the same logic claim they're wrong?
I then went on to say I'd be happy with finishing 12th if we were playing good football, which we aren't.

xx

I appreciate the apology.

If only your English was as clear as your attempt at a condescending, sarcastic tone; because that post is just as much of a mess as the previous one. Must try harder.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014

xx

Don't think I said you were wrong at any point just sounded like you were generalising your opinion as the entire Albion fan base.

In summary, because you seem to be getting confused with my OPINION, my thinking is that we have a squad that if not massively altered is not going to get relegated from this division. And therefor I'm fully content with a little championship football for a few seasons whilst certain changes happen within the club.
So with my tongue firmly in my cheek I responded to the dramas of all this doom and gloom with a light hearted reference to a day when we were far worse off. Really I couldn't give a toss what kind of football I see, I have a good day out at a stadium I wouldn't have dreamed of growing up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here