Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We have beaten ourselves in the last two games

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
As far as I can see, both Wigan and Hull won those games by our sh** defending.

Must do better. I can't, what ever anyone says warrant resting a keeper or given someone of Brezovans quality a 'go' just because it's an FA cup game.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
the problem is we seem to struggle to score more than one goal a game, something which i hope we will improve on by saturday

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Should have played Tomaz. Screw 'giving players a go'. That's what reserve games are for. Not a 5th round replay.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
the problem is we seem to struggle to score more than one goal a game, something which i hope we will improve on by saturday

This is because we're lacking important things like creativity, pace and options. By 'options' I mean another goal scorer, we only have one. Our quick and creative players have been injured this season, and it hasn't quite happened when they've come back.

IMO, we need one of Orlandi, Lopez or Kemy playing int he middle creating. I don't care who, just someone who can pass the ball passed defenders. We need any two of March, LuaLua, Buckley and Rod injecting pace down the wing, playing with he creative midfielder between them, with Ulloa (our only option) playing he furthest forward.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Keepers don't need a 'rest'. It's a joke that whole thing.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Pretty much true. Didn't deserve anything better tonight but we were the width of the bar from a draw (or the length of a linesman's flag considering their second goal should have been ruled out). As Wigan showed, it's not always about getting what you deserve. Four poor goals have cost us dear.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
FRUS-****in-STRATING! Usually very calm about Albion games but tonight I was screaming at the TV begging for the team to play with some urgency. Central midfield was so ****ing pedestrian and apart from the free kick I don't think JFC passed the ball forwards. aaaaaaarrrrggggggghhhhhh

Yoda

English & European
IMO, we need one of Orlandi, Lopez or Kemy playing int he middle creating. I don't care who, just someone who can pass the ball passed defenders. We need any two of March, LuaLua, Buckley and Rod injecting pace down the wing, playing with he creative midfielder between them, with Ulloa (our only option) playing he furthest forward.

This 100% (When they are all fit)

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Huge opportunity wasted over the two games and resting players didn't help last Saturday with hindsight.

Need to go for it big time now - no point in playing safe.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It's not rocket science. Players like Orlandi and Lopez are luxury pretty boy players, who do something wonderful once in a blue moon and then live on it for weeks. We need to be more direct and attack quicker and play a higher tempo game. This trying to pick you way through teams is all well and good if you got the quality to do it, but we haven't, not on a regular basis anyway. We must always start with either Lualua/March or Buckley, we must start with some sort of pace in the side.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Should have played Tomaz. Screw 'giving players a go'. That's what reserve games are for. Not a 5th round replay.

I think this is an area where clubs are out of touch with the fans. We've all waited 28 years to see the club in a quarter-final, and this time with the added incentive of Wembley guaranteed for the winner plus the double-edged 'bonus' of facing Gus at The Amex. Although there are plenty of interchangeable players in the squad, the suspicion remains that the very strongest possible line-up last week could have finished the job at the first attempt. Easy with hindsight, of course - Hull may have risen to the challenge far better faced with that team - but very disappointing overall, even if there's no shame in going out at a solid Premier League club.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It's not rocket science. Players like Orlandi and Lopez are luxury pretty boy players, who do something wonderful once in a blue moon and then live on it for weeks. We need to be more direct and attack quicker and play a higher tempo game. This trying to pick you way through teams is all well and good if you got the quality to do it, but we haven't, not on a regular basis anyway. We must always start with either Lualua/March or Buckley, we must start with some sort of pace in the side.
Not to sure Lopez is a pretty boy :lolol:

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU

I genuinely think Oscar wants to play with quicker players and at a higher tempo. The problem is the players we have that are capable of that are always injured or can't last 90 minutes. When they are 'fit' as per last night, they're still carrying knocks which mean they can't play at their best or have to be used as a sub. It doesn't help that our best central midfielder at playing a direct high tempo game (and the only one seemingly capable of scoring) is out for the whole season either.

What do you want Oscar to do? Build new hamstrings for Buckley? Get new knees for Lua Lua?

D

Deleted member 22389

FRUS-****in-STRATING! Usually very calm about Albion games but tonight I was screaming at the TV begging for the team to play with some urgency. Central midfield was so ****ing pedestrian and apart from the free kick I don't think JFC passed the ball forwards. aaaaaaarrrrggggggghhhhhh

Glad I wasn't the only one. Neighbours must have heard me when I shouted "Get Fkin Stuck In" LOL
Very pedestrian and very frustrating in that first half. I just hope for some real changes when we get CMS and Hoskins back

Stumpy Tim

I've always thought Lopez best position for us is in the advanced central midfield role that Orlandi has been playing in recently, while Orlandi is better being played closer to Ulloa. Personally I would play them both in those roles, with one of Buckley, Lua Lua or March playing I a wide role

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
As far as I can see, both Wigan and Hull won those games by our sh** defending.

Must do better. I can't, what ever anyone says warrant resting a keeper or given someone of Brezovans quality a 'go' just because it's an FA cup game.

I kind of agree with you, but I also think that our tactics when we are not in possession of the ball are forcing our defence to be put under an unnecessary amount of pressure and and that is forcing us to making those mistakes by giving away soft goals, or as we saw last night, two free kicks on the edge of the box (one of which led to the second goal)

It's fine if you are going to play consitently with quick wide men and at least one central midfielder who has the turn of pace to start a quick counter attack, but last night, we didn't have that...In fact, at one point in the second half, I don't think the players knew what formation they were meant to be playing!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I genuinely think Oscar wants to play with quicker players and at a higher tempo. The problem is the players we have that are capable of that are always injured or can't last 90 minutes. When they are 'fit' as per last night, they're still carrying knocks which mean they can't play at their best or have to be used as a sub. It doesn't help that our best central midfielder at playing a direct high tempo game (and the only one seemingly capable of scoring) is out for the whole season either.

What do you want Oscar to do? Build new hamstrings for Buckley? Get new knees for Lua Lua?

How about get fit players in..Buckley has always been a sicknote along with Orlandi and Lualua has always picked up knocks. This is not new news, we knew it in the summer..So act occorginly, which we did with Conway, ok we lost him to Blackburn but who did we replace him with.Some guy who hasn't played since October and quite frankly he is the invisable man on the pitch.Total waste of space, will he come good??? Who knows but we needed someone to hit the ground running.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here