Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AITC Health FREE fitness and wellbeing courses for Arun residents

Albion in the Community

Brighton & Hove Albion Foundation
Mar 8, 2012
Freshfield Road
Hi All

We are running two 10-week courses from next week in Bognor Regis and Yapton aimed at helping people with a range of health needs including weight loss, improving diet and nutrition and increasing physical activity and fitness levels.

Recent figures published by Public Health England show that 64.4% of people in West Sussex are now classified as overweight or obese, higher than the 63.8% average for the UK as a whole. The AITC courses, run by a team of experienced well-being coaches, are part of wider package of free health and wellbeing services available to local residents via the Arun District Council’s Wellbeing programme.

AITC Wellbeing Coach, Paul Brackley said: “We’re delighted to be able to offer this fantastic opportunity for Arun residents to join our free exercise and nutrition courses. Supported by funding from Arun District Council’s Wellbeing programme, the courses are aimed at residents who want to improve their diet, activity and fitness levels.”

He added: “The aim really is to give people the chance to exercise in a fun, friendly and supportive environment and to help them make positive changes to their health.”

The courses are taking place at the following times and venues:

Monday 3rd March to Monday 19th May (10am-12pm)
Yapton and Ford Village Hall

Monday 3rd March to Monday 19th May (6-30pm -8-30pm)
Bognor Regis Youth and Community Centre

To find out more and register on one of the courses e-mail paul.brackley@albioninthecommunity.org.uk or call 07880 195515. For more information on other services available from Arun Wellbeing visit www.arunwellbeing.org.uk

Albion in the Community

Mar 8, 2012
Freshfield Road
If anyone did the Healthy hearts courses at the amex these will be very similar but out in the community!

Please help us spread the word we only a few places left and would love to fill them up!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Any chance of one in East Sussex?

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
If you have the opportunity to do this course you should grab it with both hands. I took part in the "Put you Heart in it" course at the Amex and found it invaluable. I've now lost over 2 stone in weight, 10% body fat, BP is perfect and I'm happier than i've ever been with my body at 41 years of age. The nutritional information is something I use on a daily basis. This isnt a quick fix 10 week course, it's a course for the rest of your life. I thouroughly recommend it.

Thanks again to AITC for continuing to promote and run these courses.

Albion in the Community

Mar 8, 2012
Freshfield Road
If you have the opportunity to do this course you should grab it with both hands. I took part in the "Put you Heart in it" course at the Amex and found it invaluable. I've now lost over 2 stone in weight, 10% body fat, BP is perfect and I'm happier than i've ever been with my body at 41 years of age. The nutritional information is something I use on a daily basis. This isnt a quick fix 10 week course, it's a course for the rest of your life. I thouroughly recommend it.

Thanks again to AITC for continuing to promote and run these courses.

Fantastic news, well done! We're really pleased you found the course so beneficial and have been able to continue with those changes!

Congrats!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here