Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clarke Carlisle- The new Ray Wilkins???

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
**** me how boring is Clarke Carlisle I haven't been this bored by a commentator since Ray Wilkins! Rather have a Michael Owen, Wilkins double act than have to listen to this shit everyweek!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Useless to$$er

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Seems to think Brighton players might be knackered from playing two games so close together, where as Gordon Strachan thinks professional players should be fit enough to play every day.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
As a caveat; I like Clarke Carlisle, he's clearly a smart bloke and comes across as very eloquent and thoughtful when he's not commentating.

Now, that out the way, he hasn't half come out with some useless stuff this evening, many cliches all over the place. My personal favourite of the evening was just after the first went in; 'That's the last thing Brighton would've wanted'. When is conceding anything other than the last thing you'd want to happen?!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Carlisle gets way too much media attention as a result of marketing himself as an intellectual ex-footballer(oh the thought of it!) with his stints on Question Time and Countdown. He's alway's on the radio when there is some racial controversy, fanning the flame for his own self-promotion. He's unbearable as a commentator. Sounds like Gary Barlow :facepalm: I'd rather listen to Andy Townsend and that's saying something.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Total wanker, as always ITV coverage was absolutely dreadful. Even made BT Sport look quite good,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here