Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Offside

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If a Hull player is between the Brighton players and the ball going into the net, how exactly is he not offside?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Not interfering with play (despite charging towards the goal, a millimetre from touching the ball, in the centre of the 6 yard box) innit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not interfering with play (despite charging towards the goal, a millimetre from touching the ball, in the centre of the 6 yard box) innit.

Hilarious. How is being IN THE WAY not INTERFERING?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It was offside, but it was pretty tight. What the hell was Dunk doing?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
because the offside rule has been borked up. he's not offside if not interfering in the "first phase of play", but if the ball comes off the post to him, he is. daft. phase of play, its not fecking rugby.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
because the offside rule has been borked up. he's not offside if not interfering in the "first phase of play", but if the ball comes off the post to him, he is. daft. phase of play, its not fecking rugby.

A player running on specifically to gobble up a rebound IS interfering with play.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Not true. He's offside in the first phase because he is interfering with an opponent. The lino got it wrong.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Don't blame the offside rule. Basic defending error by Dunk again. The player is running into an off side position just let him go.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Hilarious. How is being IN THE WAY not INTERFERING?

He's joking. Everyone knows it was offside, except for the linesman. Oh and the commentary team for about ten minutes.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Don't blame the offside rule. Basic defending error by Dunk again. The player is running into an off side position just let him go.

It's not the offside rule's fault, it's the linesman's fault for not applying it correctly.

It wasn't dunk, you can see him follow in when the ball is bouncing while the defender is still laying on the ground. I believe it was andrews, but not sure. Definitely not Dunk, though.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here