Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] March. COME ON ALBION!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know people are rightly down on our chances right now, but look at the fixture list next month:

Millwall V Brighton Sat 1 Mar 15:00
Brighton V Reading Sat 8 Mar 15:00
Brighton V QPR Tue 11 Mar 19:45
Bolton V Brighton Sat 15 Mar 15:00
Brighton V Ipswich Sat 22 Mar 15:00
Sheff Wed :lolol: V Brighton Tue 25 Mar 19:45
Brighton V Middlesbrough Sat 29 Mar 15:00

Looking at those fixtures individually, I think we could win every single one of them. Even the toughest game on paper looks winnable as QPR have gone to pot for some reason. And the two toughest opponents on paper are both home matches.

21 points up for grabs right there. Get a decent backup striker in and I honestly think we could get 19 points there - shades of us under Poyet in the title winning season, so we all know it's possible.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
13 points

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think the main thing stopping what you're suggesting is the fact we can't put a settled side out - so many niggles and half injuries at the moment.

Also Stephens, Orlandi, Kaz and Buckley all need to turn up to the GOAL PARTY, and SOON.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think the main thing stopping what you're suggesting is the fact we can't put a settled side out - so many niggles and half injuries at the moment.

Also Stephens, Orlandi, Kaz and Buckley all need to turn up to the GOAL PARTY, and SOON.

Well yes, plus the fact he keeps playing Orlandi out of position - almost as bad as his irritating persistence of Spanish Dave.

I'm not predicting 19 points by the way, just saying that it looks like a favourable list, and that none of those games hold any fears on a game by game basis.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well yes, plus the fact he keeps playing Orlandi out of position - almost as bad as his irritating persistence of Spanish Dave.

I'm not predicting 19 points by the way, just saying that it looks like a favourable list, and that none of those games hold any fears on a game by game basis.

That'll be Spanish Dave who was absolutely superb yesterday, and rightfully man of the match? Just like his "irritating persistence of Bruno" earlier this season, who is now looking a class above pretty much any other RB in the division?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That'll be Spanish Dave who was absolutely superb yesterday, and rightfully man of the match? Just like his "irritating persistence of Bruno" earlier this season, who is now looking a class above pretty much any other RB in the division?
Oh so it would have made a difference to my general point if I'd posted this last week then?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh so it would have made a difference to my general point if I'd posted this last week then?

My point is that the persistence has paid off in Bruno's case, and now looks like it might start to pay off in SD's. Just a bit strange to complain about SD straight after his best performance of the season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My point is that the persistence has paid off in Bruno's case, and now looks like it might start to pay off in SD's. Just a bit strange to complain about SD straight after his best performance of the season.

It certainly paid off with Bruno, but with Spanish Dave I'm not going to get into one of those shìthouse threads where every cack performance causes one thread to be bounced and every quality performance causes a different one to be bounced - as far as I'm concerned, he's already had too many shit games to conclude that his overall contribution to the season has been anything other than a disappointment.

In other words:
He wasn't absolutely superb. He played reasonably well for 45 minutes, then went missing until he got subbed. Let's not pretend it was like having Ronaldo on the right wing. It was also only his third decent performance of a terrible season in which he has consistently under-performed. And it is hardly surprising people are quick to get on his back, as despite playing badly he shows time and again he is not willing to put his body in where it hurts to at least help the team physically.

There is no reason to have Lopez anywhere near our team. He has had dozens of chances and squandered almost every one. His continued inclusion is the ONLY thing I have against Oscar this season.
THIS. :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He wasn't absolutely superb. He played reasonably well for 45 minutes, then went missing until he got subbed. Let's not pretend it was like having Ronaldo on the right wing. It was also only his third decent performance of a terrible season in which he has consistently under-performed. And it is hardly surprising people are quick to get on his back, as despite playing badly he shows time and again he is not willing to put his body in where it hurts to at least help the team physically.

There is no reason to have Lopez anywhere near our team. He has had dozens of chances and squandered almost every one. His continued inclusion is the ONLY thing I have against Oscar this season.

He's not set the world alight, but then again the same could be said for Orlandi and Buckley who have not been at their best. His continued inclusion I think is through a necessity in having someone who isn't afraid to have and pass the ball in tight spaces. He went off Saturday not because he wasn't performing well, but because we went with an all out pace attack at the end.

I don't think he bottles challenges as such, I think he makes tackles intended to retain the ball, he often wins the ball back by having it at his feet.

Reactionary statements like there is no reason to have him near our team are just ridiculous in my opinion. He has quality on the ball many of our team don't have.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
All depends on whether we get a decent loan striker in really.

Vital we get those fixtures off to a good start with a win at Millwall. Forest play Wigan on that day as well.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
All depends on whether we get a decent loan striker in really.

Vital we get those fixtures off to a good start with a win at Millwall. Forest play Wigan on that day as well.

Hell yes. If we can win well and Forest manage to do us a favour, it'll be like Saturday never happened. Mind you, Reading are at home to Yeovil so we'll still be out of the play-off picture.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Thought it was going to be a thread about Solly March.. Quite some month ahead..make or break..as the op said all perfectly winnable.. But we will need a fit squad!
Thought Orlandi had his best game on Saturday since he returned...now out injured..bugger

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I know people are rightly down on our chances right now, but look at the fixture list next month:

Millwall V Brighton Sat 1 Mar 15:00
Brighton V Reading Sat 8 Mar 15:00
Brighton V QPR Tue 11 Mar 19:45
Bolton V Brighton Sat 15 Mar 15:00
Brighton V Ipswich Sat 22 Mar 15:00
Sheff Wed :lolol: V Brighton Tue 25 Mar 19:45
Brighton V Middlesbrough Sat 29 Mar 15:00

Looking at those fixtures individually, I think we could win every single one of them. Even the toughest game on paper looks winnable as QPR have gone to pot for some reason. And the two toughest opponents on paper are both home matches.

21 points up for grabs right there. Get a decent backup striker in and I honestly think we could get 19 points there - shades of us under Poyet in the title winning season, so we all know it's possible.

567.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here