Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Give Rodriguez a go upfront tonight

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That is all. He hasn't looked great as of yet, but he hasn't been given a proper go upfront. Play counter attack as Hull will be expected to dominate at home. If Lopez plays half as good as he did on Saturday we'd have a chance.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Summat like

Brez

Calde
Dunk
Upson
Chicken Little

Ince
Andrews
Lopez

March
Rodriguez
Lua Lua

===

That front 3 is very fast. Bring on Ulloa for last 25 if we're still in the game.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So much more of a better idea than playing Tracy Obika at any point in the game whatsoever.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Summat like

Brez

Calde
Dunk
Upson
Chicken Little

Ince
Andrews
Lopez

March
Rodriguez
Lua Lua

===

That front 3 is very fast. Bring on Ulloa for last 25 if we're still in the game.

Thats a good shout. Oh how I wish Brez wasnt playing .... his cock up for the season still hasnt happened...

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
For large periods of the match on Saturday we had 3 players on the shoulders of the defenders. What I'm saying is he is already playing up front, part of a 4-1-2-3. If we don't see him, Obika and Kaz upfront I'd be very surprised. March will play behind them with Andrews and Ince in midfield.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For large periods of the match on Saturday we had 3 players on the shoulders of the defenders. What I'm saying is he is already playing up front, part of a 4-1-2-3. If we don't see him, Obika and Kaz upfront I'd be very surprised. March will play behind them with Andrews and Ince in midfield.

For whatever reason though he seemed incredibly isolated on the left. Give him a chance through the middle.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Inclined to agree.
May have to adapt the tactics to 'hoofing over/past their defence' rather than playing it into him.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I agree - it's a one off cup game with everything to play for so I hope Oscar has a real go at Hull.

I don't mind if he gives D-Rod a chance up front, otherwise we'll never know what he can do. However the same old chestnut applies: he must have closer support otherwise he will be condemned to chase hoofed balls all night and allow the Hull defenders a quiet game.

I know we have several key players unavailable and even if we don't make it to the next round I want to see all available Albion guns blazing tonight, please don't get dumped out of the cup with a whimper!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
PIG is in Hull. Would he travel if not involved? Wasn't on the bench for the first game.

Is Walton or Ankergren carrying an injury? I understand that we usually travel with 3 keepers.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
For all the criticism he's taken (already) it's only fair Rodriguez is played in his natural position as striker and actually ALLOWED to prove himself. Got a decent track record and considering his main strengtha are built around speed, he would make a perfect fit for a counter-attacking system.

Almost seems too obvious. But following some of the recent selections, that could scupper it from the start...

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
He reminds me of CMS in a way, if you watch he actually makes quite a few decent runs across the defence/in behind, but the through ball never seems to come and he's back to square one. He's clearly not an out and out winger winger so we MUST exploit the gaps between FB & CB to play to his strengths. I've seen enough so far to think he stands a chance at this level, just needs time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here