Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The closer we get to tonight's game the more positive I feel

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
After the 1-1 draw I thought we would struggle tonight but after Saturdays performance and how Hull rely on Long and Jankovic I'm seriously thinking we can pull off a result tonight. The cup is full of shocks and we are more than capable of pulling one off.
:albion2:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If it helps - I dreamt last night that we beat Hull and were set to play Sunderland at the Amex.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
It really will come down to our team selection.
Just the choice of Ulloa or Rodders decides how positive I feel.
Would love a front three of Lua Lua, Ulloa, March.

Brez
Caldy - Upson - Dunk - Chicksen
Andrews - Ince - Caskey
Lua Lua - Ulloa - March

Can't see it happening though.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've got no faith in our team scoring a single goal against what is in reality a premier league team. But then again it's the FA Cup and I'm thinking mmmmmm just maybe. Watching because it can be done but wouldn't pay costs to get there.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
After the 1-1 draw I thought we would struggle tonight but after Saturdays performance and how Hull rely on Long and Jankovic I'm seriously thinking we can pull off a result tonight. The cup is full of shocks and we are more than capable of pulling one off.
:albion2:

Thank god for that I thought I was on my own in my delusion. I really think we can win as well, I just hope this squad rotation system doesnt bog us down too much, although injuries are also playing their part.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was just starting to think I'm dreading a pasting tonight. On their turf, they just had a massive win so they have confidence, momentum. We have no buckley, March is coming back from injury, we're either relying on a playing-injured-Ulloa or a not-yet-firing-on-all-cylinders-Obika, not won in our last two, brezovan is due a stinker, either Greer or Upson are going to have to play a second game in 48 hours, which concerns me, we seem to try to be more defensive away and that hasn't worked so well in our last three away games, and it's on TV, where we frequently underperform.

Plus there's a stupid poll on the official match thread.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I was just starting to think I'm dreading a pasting tonight. On their turf, they just had a massive win so they have confidence, momentum. We have no buckley, March is coming back from injury, we're either relying on a playing-injured-Ulloa or a not-yet-firing-on-all-cylinders-Obika, not won in our last two, brezovan is due a stinker, either Greer or Upson are going to have to play a second game in 48 hours, which concerns me, we seem to try to be more defensive away and that hasn't worked so well in our last three away games, and it's on TV, where we frequently underperform.

Plus there's a stupid poll on the official match thread.

So, do you think we're going to win or not then? ???

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'm not meaning to kill your optimism but if I weren't a Brighton fan I'd be going large on Hull. Good home record, still very much a strong side even with their two strikers cup tied. Us, on the other hand are probably being forced to rest Ulloa, the only player who has looked vaguely like scoring a goal for us recently. I never bet against us but if you do... lump on. Hopefully I'll end up with egg on my face but really can't see it.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I've gone for a modest away win on the score predictor.

Then I read that Maradona was planning a comeback at 56, so I wondered if Bill Cassidy and Kit Napier could turn out tonight.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not really, in a game that could easily go either way...?

I can't agree with this. Neither Hull or ourselves are going to take this game 100% seriously, so it'll come down to which set of 5 or 6 fringe players step up best. I'd take the Premiership squad players to win any day, especially playing at home.

We have a chance, but Hull have a much better one.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I can't agree with this. Neither Hull or ourselves are going to take this game 100% seriously, so it'll come down to which set of 5 or 6 fringe players step up best. I'd take the Premiership squad players to win any day, especially playing at home.

We have a chance, but Hull have a much better one.

Your first paragraph suggests you also believe either side could easily win. Us winning tonight would not be a shock in any way whatsoever.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Your first paragraph suggests you also believe either side could easily win. Us winning tonight would not be a shock in any way whatsoever.
What, the paragraph that ends " I'd take the Premiership squad players to win any day, especially playing at home."? ???

5/6 is more or less evens, for a mid table Premier League side to beat a mid table Championship side at home. Cracking value, as [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] correctly states.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What, the paragraph that ends " I'd take the Premiership squad players to win any day, especially playing at home."? ???

5/6 is more or less evens, for a mid table Premier League side to beat a mid table Championship side at home. Cracking value, as [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] correctly states.

Mid table is being kind as well you know, due to how insane the Prem is this season. You could call about 12 Prem teams "midtable". Also the small matter of them being without their two best players (bar Huddlestone). It's pretty much 2 Championship teams.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here