Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The old saying you get what you pay for

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Last season ticket prices went up and I feel the squad has not improved and next season prices are going up again, so what are you expecting to see your increased outlay giving you at the Albion.
Are you expecting to see better players than what we currently have, or are you just expecting us to hold on to the star players we have.
Or do you think it will go the same way as this season where the squad in my opinion has just got weaker?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Whatever.

Having had a season ticket for the first time this season, I was discussing it with my brother on the way back from the Wigan match, and we both want to renew.

We both just want to be part of something we have been interested in for 40 to 50 years - I am 60 and he is 66. If we wanted to go elsewhere, it might be entertaining, but nowhere else would we get the frisson which comes from the fact that this is the one football club that you care about above all the others, always the one result you are after knowing if you are not there yourself.

I anticipate - not expect, subtle difference - that there will be some squad strengthening before the start of next season. I have every faith in Oscar to have a good idea of what he wants, and confidence in the club's infrastructure to do what it can to get him the tools he needs. And wherever we are in terms of division, the vista of a whole new season opening up before us will be an excitement in itself.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The price of potatoes has doubled in the last few years. What more are you expecting from them this season?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I can see us strengthening in some areas and losing balance in others. I don't think we'll miraculously become world beaters. The football is OK (Sadly nothing on the stuff GP had us playing) the squad is good, so I'm going to enjoy being a fairly good Championship side.

We missed the going up boat IMO when we blew it against Palace. It'll be a long time before we have a team (and manager) that's that good again - but in the meantime it's worth enjoying good footie in an outstanding stadium. Eventually we'll make it up, but I don't think it'll be this season or next IMO,

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's called INFLATION. Do you expect the quality of PETROL to go up week on week?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I expect people will bitch and moan whatever happens whilst failing to grasp the economic realities of modern day football.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Last season ticket prices went up and I feel the squad has not improved and next season prices are going up again, so what are you expecting to see your increased outlay giving you at the Albion.
Are you expecting to see better players than what we currently have, or are you just expecting us to hold on to the star players we have.
Or do you think it will go the same way as this season where the squad in my opinion has just got weaker?

I'm expecting the club to be run in a prudent way that ensures our financial stability and compliance with current rules.

I don't feel my season ticket price has a direct correlation with transfer activity. This is one revenue stream amoung many struggling to cope with large costs of running the club.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
It's called INFLATION. Do you expect the quality of PETROL to go up week on week?

Funny you should mention petrol it has gone down 10p a litre at garages near me and I am getting the same miles per litre. So I am happier than last year for value for money.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Funny you should mention petrol it has gone down 10p a litre at garages near me and I am getting the same miles per litre. So I am happier than last year for value for money.

:nono:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I pay what I do for my ST because I have a love for the Albion, and a majority will be in the same boat as me. Regardless of what happens on or off the field, that love will never change for me - so I would keep renewing and it would take a big thing for me not to renew - again I dare say others feel the same as this.

I'm not a STH because I solely want success, if I wanted that - then I'd support Man City and my ST would be a Sky remote. Similarly, I'd keep my ST even if we had a shitty squad, similar to what we had when we were back at the Withdean.

We certainly do get what we pay for, as stated on another thread earlier today - just coming over the Falmer Road on a matchday and just seeing the Amex there - the experience of that and matchday itself (alright, not always on the pitch) is well worth it - getting a good result is a bonus.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

What we should do is start paying Premiership ticket prices so we can afford Prem players.

By the way, if it wasn't for the injuries I believe that we are stronger than last year and we have learnt to play without fear. Let us also not forget that next year we will have somewhere to train, wind, rain or snow.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Your ticket price for each match is still £20+ short of the cost of running the club. The changes to ticket prices are largely inconsequential in this discussion.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
By the way, if it wasn't for the injuries I believe that we are stronger than last year and we have learnt to play without fear. Let us also not forget that next year we will have somewhere to train, wind, rain or snow.

As always, the voice of reason. I certainly think we are a better side than last year, unfortunately the Championship as a whole has better teams this year too. If you look at two of the sides that got promoted last season (Palace and Hull) I think the top 7 or 8 in the league now are better than them. And let's face it, Cardiff weren't that much better.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
What we should do is start paying Premiership ticket prices so we can afford Prem players.

Our lowest adult season ticket price for last season was higher than 9 premiership clubs, so on that basis how many Premiership players should we have now?

Oh and by the way I have just asked for peoples opinions on what they expect next season, I have not posted my own opinion in the tread starter.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oh and by the way I have just asked for peoples opinions I have not posted my own in the thread starter.

Actually, you did give your opinion...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I will be paying just under £24 per home game which I consider value for money (especially as it includes the P&R which I use). Perhaps if you want to see better football you should get a season ticket at the Emirates and see how much that sets you back???? Last season, the cheapest Emirates season was, I believe, £985 and that doesn't include travel!!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Which clubs are those?
Low - High
Wigan Athletic £255-£350
Manchester City £275-£745
Aston Villa £295-£595
West Bromwich Albion £349-£449
Newcastle United £373-£717
Reading £375-£595
Stoke City £399-£599