Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andrew Crofts

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Our chances went the minute crofty stayed down banging the turf.He is a massive player for us and should pick up player of the season.
I can see why he was Norwich's player of the season when they got promoted to the premiership.Just hope he can get himself fit and back to his best for next season.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Lets be honest everyone knew this when he got injured. Top scorer at the time from midfield. Singlehandedly won us 6+ points. Hopefully he will be back for pre season next year and his injury won't drag on into next season like CMS and Hoskins.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
He's been a major loss for us since his injury both for his goals and his whole contribution the game.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Our chances went the minute crofty stayed down banging the turf.He is a massive player for us and should pick up player of the season.
I can see why he was Norwich's player of the season when they got promoted to the premiership.Just hope he can get himself fit and back to his best for next season.

Utter nonsense, he's one player, what about the rest of the midfield eg Buckley and Lopez?? They arnt chipping in like last season

Last edited:

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Utter nonsense, he's one player!

One player but for the first half of the season he was in regal form. I was there when he tucked the first one away at the Amex against Burnley. A natural finisher. Always seems to time his runs perfectly. The goals against Wigan(a) and Birmingham(a) were the six pointers I believe. There are still 15 games to go in the league. Still hoping one or two of our midfielders may step into his shoes in terms of grabbing the odd match winning goal. Stephens maybe?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Who we havent been able to replace with anybody of equal ability and attributes

He was having a good season for sure. I actually think that Stephens is going to be much better in there than Crofts.
Hes a much more all round player, who does cover a lot of ground, I have high hopes for Mr Stephens.

To say our chances went though when he got injured is just not true.

Surely he only qualifies for player of the half season.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Who we havent been able to replace with anybody of equal ability and attributes

Crofty is well over rated imo. He has played well this season and yes has scored a few more than last but he is not going to impact the whole season like the OP states. Others in midfield are not stepping in with the goals that's the truth

D

Deleted member 22389

We have been really unlucky this season. I thought our bad luck was last season with injuries.

Can't wait to get the following players back:
CMS
Hoskins
Crofts

CMS and Hoskins are in touching distance. I really really hope Hoskins stays fit, he needs some luck, we need some luck. We never ever got to see the very best of him.
The times he did play he looked difference class.

Credit to Oscar too, he has done a brilliant job.

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
He was having a good season for sure. I actually think that Stephens is going to be much better in there than Crofts.
Hes a much more all round player, who does cover a lot of ground, I have high hopes for Mr Stephens.

To say our chances went though when he got injured is just not true.

Stephens better than Crofts ? If that was the case , you say " is going to be " .Well isnt the NOW a bit more important . And i must say i think the injury to Crofts was a turning point of our season , for me would of pissed the player of the season by far , with Upson running in a close second.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Crofty is well over rated imo. He has played well this season and yes has scored a few more than last but he is not going to impact the whole season like the OP states. Others in midfield are not stepping in with the goals that's the truth

Spot on, Crofty was having an exceptional season goals wise. I wonder if you took away 3 or 4 of his goals and just looked at his performnces in general wether people would say he was that big a miss.

As i say I like Stephens much more than Crofts. But thats just my personal opinion, Stephens suits our style of play much better for me.
You cant get away with having a player in the middle of the park who isnt comfortable on the ball, and Crofts just isnt a footballer as it were.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Spot on, Crofty was having an exceptional season goals wise. I wonder if you took away 3 or 4 of his goals and just looked at his performnces in general wether people would say he was that big a miss.

As i say I like Stephens much more than Crofts. But thats just my personal opinion, Stephens suits our style of play much better for me.
You cant get away with having a player in the middle of the park who isnt comfortable on the ball, and Crofts just isnt a footballer as it were.

So you didn't think crofts performances were good then?.......beggars belief.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Crofts was an integral part of our team for the first half of the season - and his absence is very much noticed. Stephens was brought in to cover for Crofts, but he will need time to get into the style we play.

I wouldnt name him as my player of the season though - that would go to Mr Rohan Ince.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here