NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sorry but Buckley needs to grow a pair.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Agree Buckley seems to breakdown if he walks on an uneven blade of grass however Orlandi did take a heavy knock on Saturday.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Yeah in 50 years I dont ever remember so many injuries,strange as you would have thought modern methods would keep players fitter.

It seems to have been a constant problem we've had since we started playing at the Amex, Even in our first season there we seemed to have a constant problem with wide players especially picking up hamstring injuries and it's still going on. I can only guess it's a problem stemming from the quality of our training ground compared to the pitches we play on ( especially at home ) Hopefully things will improve next season when we move to the new training ground.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Come on people, Man Utd used this trick all the time when they (quite rightly) didn't want to put out a full strength team, to hold back the tide of bedwetters*. Buckley was never going to play.

* Sorry, couldn't resist.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Obika: one start. One goal (maybe we should call him...I don't know...Obi-One?).

I agree he hasn't looked at all good so far but all this abuse is making me feel a bit sad. I'll get behind him tonight if he starts. Come on, Obi-One-Goal, use the force.

(If you strike him down, he'll become more powerful than you can possibly imagine)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Obika: one start. One goal (maybe we should call him...I don't know...Obi-One?).

I agree he hasn't looked at all good so far but all this abuse is making me feel a bit sad. I'll get behind him tonight if he starts. Come on, Obi-One-Goal, use the force.

(If you strike him down, he'll become more powerful than you can possibly imagine)

I thought his performance on Saturday, whilst hardly setting the match alight was decent enough to at least stem the tide of abuse but seemingly not.

I was putting the boot in after his shambolic performance v Hull but fresh slate tonight for me

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Whilst I've not been convinced by Obika so far, I think he probably needs regular game time. Hope he starts tonight and proves the doubters wrong!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
We really should have sold Buckley and bought someone who is fit. He is great on his day, but he starts in 50% of the games, and of those plays well in half, so we have a 25% player.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I guess Conway looked awful when he started and then by the end most people wouldn't have minded him signing permanently, so these things can change.

She says, without too much expectation.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here