Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex & your matchday experience

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
What's your favourite part?
I don't know whether it's because I can't get to many games these days, but whenever I turn up at the Amex I'm blown away.
And even though we lost, this Saturday was no different. From the free bus travel, to the friendly and helpful stewards, to the big concourses with plentiful supply of beers and t.v screens, to the artwork and memorabilia on the walls, to the cushioned seats, to the sheer beauty of our stadium and the big crowds, to the nice football on show, to the plush and welcoming bars.
I've even been on the stadium tour and was blown away. I know I don't have to put up with a lot of stuff the regulars have to, I know it's a bit slushy, a bit of a love letter to the club I love (and miss) but I wanted to say it.
Any way, enough of me, what's your favourite part of your matchday experience

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Looking at the stadium infrastructure from my seat and seeing a 30k stadium nearly full for every home match despite being in the Championship.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Looking around and behind Oscar while being interviewed on TFLS, it must be a fantastic place for players.

It certainly gave the impression they want for nothing, and that's not even Lancing.

I guess is it worth taking a pay cut for, if you can earn £25k a week elsewhere.

Oh we got into The Sports Bar, for the first time this weekend, very nice it is too.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I know a lot of people on here get hung up on attendances, but there is something about getting to the ground early with the Junior Bobkins, sitting in our seats looking around the near empty stadium and taking it all in. The beautiful sunshine on Saturday helped, but it really is a sight to behold.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
inner concourse could do with brightening up- murals or club colours on the walls / ceilings, perhaps?

And more washbasins, hand dryers, in the loos. I fear for hygiene, with many peeps walking out, going to food stalls, and their money having p*** on it.

What I particularly enjoy about the matchday experience is the ability to enjoy a variety of locations across the whole of the site - the outside concourse, Dick's Bar, the North concourse, the Lower West concourse, the inside of the stadium - and the easy walk to and from the station or bus stop. And I still have this sense that this is "all ours".

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I never tire of the pre game goals montarge. Its even better now they have Ulloa's Arsenal goal it builds up really well, ULLOA - STTTOOOOOEERR - ITS THE STUFF OF DREAMS - BRIGHTON

Its a shame the timings can't be sorted so Sussex BTS starts and the players come out directly after the BRIGHTON - although it is better when they put the FBS mix in the gap every so often now

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Shot of the stadium from somewhere up near Ditchling Beacon with the poppy fields and the background music in the pre KO montage. Every time.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
What I particularly enjoy about the matchday experience is the ability to enjoy a variety of locations across the whole of the site - the outside concourse, Dick's Bar, the North concourse, the Lower West concourse, the inside of the stadium - and the easy walk to and from the station or bus stop. And I still have this sense that this is "all ours".

All of this, plus looking out over the pitch, realising that it's started raining and I'm dry.

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
Why would they piss on their money? Or their hands?

reminds me of my favourite Churchill quote...while in the House of Commons loo he makes to leave without washing his hands, other chap at the urinal says "I say old boy, at Eton they taught us to wash our hands." Churchill responds..."well, at Harrow they taught us not to piss on them."

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
:laugh:
reminds me of my favourite Churchill quote...while in the House of Commons loo he makes to leave without washing his hands, other chap at the urinal says "I say old boy, at Eton they taught us to wash our hands." Churchill responds..."well, at Harrow they taught us not to piss on them."

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I never tire of the pre game goals montarge. Its even better now they have Ulloa's Arsenal goal it builds up really well, ULLOA - STTTOOOOOEERR - ITS THE STUFF OF DREAMS - BRIGHTON

Its a shame the timings can't be sorted so Sussex BTS starts and the players come out directly after the BRIGHTON - although it is better when they put the FBS mix in the gap every so often now

Oh how could I forget the pre match montage, makes the hairs stand on end every time. Can anyone post a link to it, I found it on YouTube before but couldn't find it just now

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Yeah, I like that too.

inner concourse could do with brightening up

I agree - the concourses are a bit cold with all that concrete... I guess painting them would cost a fortune though.

The best thing for me is being able to have a bloody nice pie accompanied by a pint or two of Harveys inside the stadium. Something that was impossible at Withdean or the Goldstone.

Country Seagull

Jan 11, 2013
It's the simple things for me, walking through the VOMITORIUM and glimpsing the pitch with the blue seating behind it and the arched roof, gets me every time.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
- The pies! Every Saturday lunchtime I'm always looking forward to sampling another Piglets Pantry Pie.
- The padded seats. How many other clubs outside the Premiership offer padded seats for all visitors.
- Getting to your seat five minutes before and hearing GOSBTS.
- We're the North Stand...we're the West Stand' sing off.
- Cheering the attendance and occassionally clapping the away supporters.
- Being able to drink on the concourse after the game whilst waiting for the queues to die down.

I love The Amex! What a thing of beauty we've waited years for.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
- The pies! Every Saturday lunchtime I'm always looking forward to sampling another Piglets Pantry Pie.
- The padded seats. How many other clubs outside the Premiership offer padded seats for all visitors.
- Getting to your seat five minutes before and hearing GOSBTS.
- We're the North Stand...we're the West Stand' sing off.
- Cheering the attendance and occassionally clapping the away supporters.
- Being able to drink on the concourse after the game whilst waiting for the queues to die down.

I love The Amex! What a thing of beauty we've waited years for.

Blackpool is the only other one that I've found.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here