Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

next year

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
I suspect this season Albion will fall just short so there needs to be changes. I think the following probably need to go

Orlandi - lovely footballer but too slow for a team already lacking in pace
Agustien - just hasn't worked
Forster Caskey - not up to a leading championship side with Premiership pretensions
Hoskins - not quite good enough though difficult to tell on limited games
Rodriguez - not good enough on current evidence
Obika - back to spurs
Lopez - might keep as a utility back up player (played well at full back last year)
Stephens - limited on current evidence but might prove himself by end of season

These leaving would create the necessary budget to bring in a couple of fast mid field players and one more striker of high quality. That would move Brighton towards a team capable of reaching for automatic promotion. Quality rather than quantity should be the watchword

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Stephens? He has a 3 1/2 year contract.

We should also keep Orlandi, JFC and give Hoskins a chance.

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
Stephens? He has a 3 1/2 year contract.

We should also keep Orlandi, JFC and give Hoskins a chance.

The trouble is that it is a zero sum game. You keep these players you have less to spend on what the team really needs - pace and skill in midfield and up front.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
We have players that aren't good enough, players that are getting old, and good players likely to move on. I think a lot is hanging on our promotion chances this season. Will we be able to build a decent squad without premier league money?

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Agree re Forster-Caskey, don't know why people get hung up on age, you are either good enough or not, and I don't think he is good enough for a top championship team. Wouldn't get in the top 6's first elevens

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I suspect this season Albion will fall just short so there needs to be changes. I think the following probably need to go
Rodriguez - not good enough on current evidence
Stephens - limited on current evidence but might prove himself by end of season

Yes, and you know why? Because they've played LESS THAN FIVE GAMES EACH.

Jesus bloody christ, why are people so hell-bent on writing off players when they've not had time to adapt?

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
sorry disagree i feel they will still be here next season

I don't agree and I also think Lua Lua will leave.

Orlandi will hopefully stay he is excellent has had a stop start season due to injury but on his day and playing down the middle he is superb.
Bruno will go and of course we will lose Ward as well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have a lot of good players out of contract this summer. If money were no object, I would probably retain most of them. But I think the question we now need to ask is whether they are value for money, rather than are they good players? Kuszczak and Bruno are two who I suspect are on big wages they do not justify, so while they are decent players, I would seriously consider releasing them as they are positions we could fill for less money. Lopez is probably the only
?one I want us to dump based on performances alone. We've had two shots at it and realised these players aren't good enough for automatic promotion, so let's at least try and find some who are, and if that means releasing good players to use their wages better elsewhere then it's fine by me.
Are you serious or on a wind up Kuszczak is the best keeper we have had during my 65 years of supporting the club by a long way and if any player is irreplaceable it is him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here