Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else have doubts about Oscar being the right man to take us forward?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Have to say some of the football under him has been completely dull and the lack of goals is a worry despite him saying he wants us to play attacking football. We often go through 90 minutes of football creating just one or two chances in 90 mins. Yesterday was actually better in terms of performance and entertainment.

His signings haven't been exactly decent either.

Kemy Agustien - Complete waste of time.

Keith Andrews - Starting to look a poor signing after a promising start

Leory Lita - Why?

Obika - Another shocking signing

Dale Stephens - Doing ok. Got a good feeling he will turn out to be a shrewd signing.

Steven Ward - Very good signing. Not as good as Bridge though.

Conway - Really poor start but signs were there he was quite good.

David Rodriguez - Haven't seen anything great from him yet but maybe he is still adjusting.

The one promising aspect of Oscar's skills is the emergence of our youngsters. He seems to be more willing to use them in competitive matches than Poyet. It's a joy seeing kids coming through as they are the future.

This season has been a disappointment but the warning signs were there even before the season started. Going into a new season with just two fit strikers really wasn't a great plan and no plans to strengthen here either.

I'm just not convinced by the Oscar and Jones are the right pair.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
His signings?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Dull football? Some of the stuff we played yesterday was a joy to watch.

You're fishing, right?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Give the man a full summer window and a full pre season to ship out the garbage and get some more in. The time to judge will be April 2015. Personally i feel he has done a suburb job all things considering.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Give the man a full summer window and a full pre season to ship out the garbage and get some more in. The time to judge will be April 2015. Personally i feel he has done a suburb job all things considering.

He's going to ship out the garbage and get some more in? Oscar out.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Think we have the right manager (coach).
Not sure he is getting the support which will encourage him to stay the course.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Anyone who wants him out clearly has a screw lose. Stability is key. Leicester fans called for Pearsons head late last year. The board kept faith and its paid off. Sometimes patience is required people.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
No, he's doing a great job considering how weak our squad is compared to other playoff rivals coupled withthe bad fortune we've had with injuries this season.

I do, however, have serious doubts about David Burke's ability to manage our transfer activity, considering we have a higher budget than last year, lost three of our best players and failed to bring in any top Championship players to replace them.

Absolutely spot on.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
No I have total faith in the board and Oscar we are a team on the move up if not this then next and if not next the season after and so on

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Anyone who wants him out clearly has a screw lose. Stability is key. Leicester fans called for Pearsons head late last year. The board kept faith and its paid off. Sometimes patience is required people.

Yes of course you are right. On the flip side they also said Derby County's board were a joke and clueless to sack Cloughie.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Oscar is great. If we stick with him I truely believe he'll get it right at some point, where we're at now is just the beginning of a work in progress.You can't just bottle it after 8 months in charge without a really good reason.

Now is not the time to cast doubt over Oscar's reign, now is the time to back him to the hilt and hope he does what most of us believe he's going to do.

Also people need to stop saying they dislike Jones for no apparent reason, it's just stupid :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here