Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mick Hartdord on Goals on Sunday

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
The chief Millwall scout is on Kammy and Ben's 'Goals on Sunday' program, he was just bigging up Wigan and said they done well against us, and that it was a good result as we are a 'half decent team'... Half decent? :mad: Whats he think of the Millwall side then? I thought we out played Wigan, I dont know how we lost TBH.

I think we are better than half decent, he could of atleast called us just decent!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The chief Millwall scout is on Kammy and Ben's 'Goals on Sunday' program, he was just bigging up Wigan and said they done well against us, and that it was a good result as we are a 'half decent team'... Half decent? :mad: Whats he think of the Millwall side then? I thought we out played Wigan, I dont know how we lost TBH.

I think we are better than half decent, he could of atleast called us just decent!

''half decent'' isn't it just a term ..i don't see it too bad..as regards to Wigan i was expecting a lot more from them maybe it was just an off day for them

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I do. 23 shots, only 6 on target, 1 goal

I know, but you know what I mean lol We out played them and should of scored a few goals, whereas Wigan didnt look anything special but took their 1 chance and a set piece.

''half decent'' isn't it just a term ..i don't see it too bad..as regards to Wigan i was expecting a lot more from them maybe it was just an off day for them

He just said it in a way I thought was abit of a piss take, I mean you think he would of said 'a decent team'. I agree I was expecting alot better from them, I was also looking forward to see Nick Powell and the hype around him, is he injured? Didnt even play.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I do. 23 shots, only 6 on target, 1 goal

Take a look at the stats for other teams and in other matches. eg Chelsea yesterday. 25 shots, 8 on target and 1 goal. The stats you quote are meaningless. We lost because of two defensive errors.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Your so right, not hitting the target suggests that we are not getting into the correct positions to hit the target or our players are not skilled enough in this discipline. We need someone other than Ulloa to score.

So no credit to the opponents defence then? Blocking off the shooting angles and making it difficult to hit the target and giving us little time and space to create clear cut chances then?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
So no credit to the opponents defence then? Blocking off the shooting angles and making it difficult to hit the target and giving us little time and space to create clear cut chances then?

Not withholding credit from the opposition just a simple statement of facts, they are there to defend and we are there to attack the goal and thus far we have not found a successful way of doing this and yesterday Wigan were not that good at doing this, Ulloa put through by Dave couldn't control the ball, Stephens missed header and subsequent missed shot from 8 yards hitting the bar, Buckley curling a shot in the second half, Obika missing the ball from 4 yards etc. I'll never discredit an opposition defence they have a job to do, we just ned to hit the target more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here