Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who gets annoyed how empty our stadium looks on the telly?

D

Deleted User X18H

If they filmed from the east (and I know why the don't ) but if they did it , it would show how well attended and fabulous our stadium looks.

Footage of the south goal , puts us in the empty seat, souless atmosphere of Middlesbrough or Blackpool catagory.

The Tottenham game was filmed from the east stand.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If the club had a serious go at promotion and I mean a serious go instead of going through the motions there would not be any empty seats.

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
If they filmed from the east (and I know why the don't ) but if they did it , it would show how well attended and fabulous our stadium looks.

Footage of the south goal , puts us in the empty seat, souless atmosphere of Middlesbrough or Blackpool catagory.

The Tottenham game was filmed from the east stand.

Someone I spoke to yesterday who saw the game against Hull commented on the empty looking stadium and I explained it was for this exact reason - players walking out of a tunnel opposite a two tier stand as opposed no a largely full three tier stand and the cameras largely filming areas of the ground which are either blocked off for segregation or the last stands to fill as the choice to sit at the 'ends' peters out in its demand.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Thought this for some time now, as I only see away games live, and home games streamed. It was particularly noticeable against Hull, and for that match the club had the opportunity to see the lower tier first, so could have made it look packed.

I went to Bolton (or Blackburn - can't recall which it was) last year, and they had basically left an entire top tier empty - and even when in the ground it made the whole place feel fuller than if the same crowd had been spread more thinly.

One of the answers might be to move the away fans?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The West is the Jewel in India's Passage and an example to us all. Nuts not to film from the East. There is a line of six or seven front row seats in the East's family section that are always empty for some reason. I know that not everyone likes a front row seat, but I'm amazed that no one ever moves into them during the match.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Why don't the people in the SWC move over to behind the goal once they get in there and see that there are many empty seats there. If we turned up at an away game, and the ticket said sit in the corner, but there were dozens of empty seats behind the goal, the seats behind the goal would be used rather than the seats in the corner.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Why don't the people in the SWC move over to behind the goal once they get in there and see that there are many empty seats there. If we turned up at an away game, and the ticket said sit in the corner, but there were dozens of empty seats behind the goal, the seats behind the goal would be used rather than the seats in the corner.

Usually tickets aren't sold there, or if they are, not until away tickets have been returned, which can be right up until the game.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Usually tickets aren't sold there, or if they are, not until away tickets have been returned, which can be right up until the game.

I know what you mean, but when they get to the ground and see the empty seats, why not move round into the empty seats?

BHAFC_SWC

honorary pierced weirdo
Feb 26, 2013
West Sussex
The view from the swc is much better than from behind the goal which is probably why you don't get STH's moving round there.

The big issue is that the club can't sell season tickets any further round into the south than block H because of away allocations, meaning it will always be reliant on general sales to try and fill it up. Noticed some groups of children in there yesterday, hopefully this is an initiative the club will pursue

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Agree they should film from the East, there would certainly be more shots of the magnificent main stand. Don't forget the West wings often have quite a lot of empty seats too, though. What looks really bad are the south seats behind the goal. It's a shame the way the ground is segregated that unless we're playing a massive match there will always be empty seats here.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The Clubs answer:

Insider said:
Yes we want the stadium to look great on TV - but it is not quite as simple as that. Mainly, because what you are suggesting would cost a huge amount of money. Secondly, the stadium has been designed with a specific away area, with many factors being taken into consideration. Including ensuring our home fans have the best possible seats available to them on a regular basis (which I am sure you would agree is more important than how the stadium looks on TV if goals are scored at the south end); hence the fact that one end is an away end. Also, the camera location IS in the West Stand not the East Stand. First and foremost, it is located in the West Stand so it is shooting with the sun behind it, as shooting into the sun is not ideal. Also, all the media facilities are located on the west side of the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here