Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you're 2-0 down at home...

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Do you:

a) bring your two best attacking subs on straight away?

or

b) wait 10 minutes to bring on one of them, then wait another ten minutes to bring on the other one?

Same old shit every week, really frustrating how we're SO SLOW to react in the dugout - bring Buckley and Kazenga on after 50 minutes and I reckon we'd have picked up at least a point today, maybe all 3.

On a general note, I do not understand why we have to wait until the hour mark before bringing on a tactical sub unless we're losing. Baffling.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
We are toothless but also so unlucky it's not true, no penalty ogs home refs knock down rebounds added to the fact we can't hit a barn door!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Heard it all tonight then, same old shit every week - how many games we have lost at home this season ?

I make that 4 but do carry on making a CAUC of yourself

to clarify, same old issue with subs every week - we waste 10/15 mins each game fannying around with Lopez when everyone in the ground knows LuaLua is coming on.

We quite clearly weren't shit today.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Look, the team was playing very well. I think the staff are getting hugely unfair criticism in this case... Yes, they could have changed it a bit earlier, but both Buckley and Kaz only seem to have 30 minutes in them at the moment. Maybe that was why?

Let's not get carried away, we lost because we were profligate (which we have been for 4 years) and because of an uncharacteristic error at the back. Move on ladies and gents, we'll be fine.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Lets be honest, unless we're trouncing every team 8-0 each week then some buffoon is going to have something to complain about.

I often sit here and wonder if people are a) serious, b) posting to get a reaction or c) have some sort of problem.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I have never seen any manager who makes knee jerk changes after going behind, even when two goals. I'm not entirely sure why, but if you're using it as a stick to best Oscar with then you obviously haven't seen much football.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
On 9/10 days we would have got something. Rosler knew he was lucky, one of those days...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Do you:

a) bring your two best attacking subs on straight away?

or

b) wait 10 minutes to bring on one of them, then wait another ten minutes to bring on the

I guess it depends in whether you are completely battering the opposition and are creating way more chances than them and have been bit by two sucker punches or not. We played well from the start yesterday, our game plan was working and we were by miles the better side, we just couldn't score.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Look, the team was playing very well. I think the staff are getting hugely unfair criticism in this case... Yes, they could have changed it a bit earlier, but both Buckley and Kaz only seem to have 30 minutes in them at the moment. Maybe that was why?

Let's not get carried away, we lost because we were profligate (which we have been for 4 years) and because of an uncharacteristic error at the back. Move on ladies and gents, we'll be fine.

Well said. I don't think anyone could complain that we didn't have a plan B today. Two attacking substitutions and throwing everything at them bar the kitchen sink. Everything was right bar the result.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If Upson hadn't made his first mistake of the season and Bruno hadn't kneed that harmless cross out of play for a corner I'm pretty sure that we would have won. Just one of those days. Move on.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Lets be honest, unless we're trouncing every team 8-0 each week then some buffoon is going to have something to complain about.

I often sit here and wonder if people are a) serious, b) posting to get a reaction or c) have some sort of problem.

Exactly this.

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
I guess it depends in whether you are completely battering the opposition and are creating way more chances than them and have been bit by two sucker punches or not. We played well from the start yesterday, our game plan was working and we were by miles the better side, we just couldn't score.

This

I thought we played well for the most part and were well in control, and the stats confirm this. The bottom line is that we had 23 shots, 6 on target and only scored 1 goal!
They had 7 shots, 2 on target and scored 2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here