Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pub debate re F A Cup holders

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
When did we last play the holders of the F A Cup in a league fixture?

I said it was Tottenham in 82-83 but it's prompted a heated debate, but like Mrs Hart I think I'm right.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
When did we last play the holders of the F A Cup in a league fixture?

I said it was Tottenham in 82-83 but it's prompted a heated debate, but like Mrs Hart I think I'm right.

Can't be that heated. We haven't been in the top division since 82/83 and no team that has won the cup got relegated in the same year other than the current holders!

edit: forgot to add that the last div 2 team to win was Trev and the boys from West Ham in 1980

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Can't be that heated. We haven't been in the top division since 82/83 and no team that has won the cup got relegated in the same year other than the current holders!

But teams outside the top division have won it (this came up earlier in the week, my link lists those teams).

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

edit: forgot to add that the last div 2 team to win was Trev and the boys from West Ham in 1980

To be fair Drew it gets heated in the Hill of Burgess when either Adam Ant or Shakin Stevens get taken off the jukebox, so let's just call this an animated conversation.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
To be fair Drew it gets heated in the Hill of Burgess when either Adam Ant or Shakin Stevens get taken off the jukebox, so let's just call this an animated conversation.

An extension of the question could be when have we played the holders of the FA Cup in the following seasons competition?

Also begs the question which pub in B/hill has AA or SS on the juke box. The Weald or the Brewers?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here