Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cursed season

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Yes we have been wastful...but injuries referees never being homers lack of penaltys no og's for us...we are the black spot of the championship 😡

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Yeah, I reckon they should start evening up with penalties. Would have been hilarious for it to have started with Buckley's effort today!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
As of now we could win the premiership next season having got promoted via the play offs and go on to win the europa league next season as FA Cup holders.
You do have a point though its not gone our way this year for various reasons.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
I hear what your saying but in all honesty I don't think the season is cursed or that we have been hard done by.

In my (admittedly unsubstantiated) opinion, we are progressing as a club and a squad. However, we are in our first season with a new manager, making quite a few adjustments to our style of play, blooding several youngsters etc.

With all that in mind a top 10 finish has always been the most realistic result and that's exactly where we are heading.

We have one of the best defences in the division, a proven goal scorer in ulloa and strength in depth but there are still a few more ingredients needed to progress to the premiership. Most notably a high quality playmaker. If we can recruit that player then I'm sure the 'luck' will change and we will really push for promotion.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Hit the woodwork about 20 times as well

Hitting the woodwork isn't bad luck though; it's poor finishing.

We've had a few games where things have gone our way as well. They're just forgotten more easily.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I hear what your saying but in all honesty I don't think the season is cursed or that we have been hard done by.

In my (admittedly unsubstantiated) opinion, we are progressing as a club and a squad. However, we are in our first season with a new manager, making quite a few adjustments to our style of play, blooding several youngsters etc.

With all that in mind a top 10 finish has always been the most realistic result and that's exactly where we are heading.

We have one of the best defences in the division, a proven goal scorer in ulloa and strength in depth but there are still a few more ingredients needed to progress to the premiership. Most notably a high quality playmaker. If we can recruit that player then I'm sure the 'luck' will change and we will really push for promotion.

That just about sums it up for me. At the beginning of the season I was expecting a mid-table finish, so it's been a surprisingly positive campaign. Just frustrating with the play-offs constantly dangling infront of our noses. Hold on to all our best players and make a couple of good signings, maybe next year.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It does seem like there has been some sort of curse over the whole club since that horrible night last May.

I hardly think we've been cursed this season. Injuries aside - and every team out of the 92 will get injuries - we're doing ok so far.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

I agree with all this other than were we will end up I still think we can make the top six

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Hitting the woodwork isn't bad luck though; it's poor finishing.

We've had a few games where things have gone our way as well. They're just forgotten more easily.

I agree, our finishing/ hitting the target is not the best. We create a lot of chances but can not convert them. One day surely the flood gates will open..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here