[Official Site] Bruno: Loss Undeserved

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
bruno-l229-1376428_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
19:31 22nd February 2014
by Ben Soro-Perez
I wouldn’t necessarily call it unlucky but I think we need more quality in those final few yards of the pitch"
Bruno
Bruno believes Albion played well enough to win today but acknowledged that the side were lacking quality in the final third.*
The Spaniard, who returned to the side after missing the last two games, believes the Seagulls deserved more from the match and praised the overall performance of the team.*
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I wouldn’t necessarily call it unlucky but I think we need more quality in those final few yards of the pitch.*
“I don’t know how many chances we had, maybe 10, 12 or more, but we just couldn’t score.*
“But, I feel we played really well, especially with regards to our overall quality, intensity and our aggressiveness, so it’s frustrating.
“It was disappointing because we played really well and they had one real chance from a corner but they’ve scored two.”
When Albion’s goal arrived it came from Leo Ulloa, his fourth in as many games, and Bruno believes the whole squad need to start chipping in and helping the in-form frontman if they are to be*
rewarded for their efforts in future. *
“It’s everyone’s jobs to score. We are really good defensively and that starts from up top with the pressing that the lads up there do, but [scoring] is the job of all the players.*
“We are close to the top six but it’s difficult because there are other teams playing well and scoring goals too.”
With the next game less than 48 hours away the right-back believes there is still all to play for – especially considering the strength of the squad.*
“For us the FA Cup is really important so we are lucky we have a lot players and a competitive team.*
“Obviously all the players want to play in these types of games against top flight teams and because it’s on TV.
“It’s important for them [the younger players] because it’s a really good experience to play in these games and gives them the chance to improve.”*
UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES
Albion v Reading:
Saturday 8th March, kick-off 3pm
Albion v QPR:
Tuesday 11th March, kick-off 7.45pm
Albion v Ipswich Town:
Saturday 22nd March, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here