Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Glenn Murray is a very good player

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
First start in the Premier League after a long layoff and did not look out of place. Held the ball up very well, great heading ability, and one excellent shot.

I know it's all in the past, and I know Ulloa can score goals, but why oh why did we let him go? No doubt in my mind we should have met his wage demands .... and then it might well have been Brighton in the Premier League instead of Palace.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
First start in the Premier League after a long layoff and did not look out of place. Held the ball up very well, great heading ability, and one excellent shot.

I know it's all in the past, and I know Ulloa can score goals, but why oh why did we let him go? No doubt in my mind we should have met his wage demands .... and then it might well have been Brighton in the Premier League instead of Palace.

Hate to say you might have a point, so I won't.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Done to death but probably the most damming think during Poyet's reign. Let your top goal scorer that worked perfectly in your system go for free, spend 3.5m on a new one and then refuse to play to his strengths.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Most managers get it wrong with a striker and this one was Poyet's cock up.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Done to death but probably the most damming think during Poyet's reign. Let your top goal scorer that worked perfectly in your system go for free, spend 3.5m on a new one and then refuse to play to his strengths.

That's why Bloom would have lost a certain amount of faith in Gus's judgement in spending his money. Letting Murray go would have been like Shampton getting rid of Lambert in their league one promotion season.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That's why Bloom would have lost a certain amount of faith in Gus's judgement in spending his money. Letting Murray go would have been like Shampton getting rid of Lambert in their league one promotion season.

So why did Bloom sanction signing Murray again 12 months later?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Pleased for Glenn he is has finally had the chance to play in the top flight, thoroughly deserved. It will forever exposure Gus's shortcomings

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here